Release Date

By stolen73, in Infiltration

Anyone know when this game will be avaiable? I thought I read March.

stolen73 said:

My usual games pusher says there is no realease date fixed (so this means nothing before the end of April); my guess is September, but I'd love to be wrong

Julia said:

stolen73 said:

My usual games pusher says there is no realease date fixed (so this means nothing before the end of April); my guess is September, but I'd love to be wrong

Ditto. This, Mansions expansions, and maybe Fortress America are my key FFG releases of interest. I hope also by the end of the year Wiz-War and Gears will have expansions too.

Tromdial said:

Ditto. This, Mansions expansions, and maybe Fortress America are my key FFG releases of interest. I hope also by the end of the year Wiz-War and Gears will have expansions too.

Seconded. Good Mansions expansions and good Gears of War expansions are very very welcome even by my side. I'd love also a good Elder Sign expansion, boosting the difficulty of the game.

But most of all I'd like some transparency from the editor: too many games were announced and then left there, in a timeless limbo (Descent, Merchant of Venus, Fortress America, X-Wing, the Star Wars LCG, and so on). I find this kinda annoying.

Julia said:

...But most of all I'd like some transparency from the editor: too many games were announced and then left there, in a timeless limbo (Descent, Merchant of Venus, Fortress America, X-Wing, the Star Wars LCG, and so on). I find this kinda annoying.

Me too, and when Thunderstone Advance came out, I was expecting a big Rune Age expansion announcement to undermine some of the hype.

Towers of Ruin is pretty cool by the way. Gives a lot of cards for a good price and excellent storage and quality.

Julia said:

Seconded. Good Mansions expansions and good Gears of War expansions are very very welcome even by my side. I'd love also a good Elder Sign expansion, boosting the difficulty of the game.

But most of all I'd like some transparency from the editor: too many games were announced and then left there, in a timeless limbo (Descent, Merchant of Venus, Fortress America, X-Wing, the Star Wars LCG, and so on). I find this kinda annoying.

I think this happens because FFG likes to get their foot in the door, so to speak, and let people know right away that something is in the works. Doing this while a game is still being developed means lots of waiting.

jasonpanella said:

I think this happens because FFG likes to get their foot in the door, so to speak, and let people know right away that something is in the works. Doing this while a game is still being developed means lots of waiting.

That's very true, but sometimes it's a good thing saying "we are at this point of the development and...". Talk to you customers! In this way, they will feel respected :-)

Julia said:

That's very true, but sometimes it's a good thing saying "we are at this point of the development and...". Talk to you customers! In this way, they will feel respected :-)

Oh, I totally agree — I wasn't agreeing with what happens, necessarily, just pointing it out. I check this site daily to see if there are any updates on projects I'm interested in, which is something the company probably likes.

I guess you guys never noticed the "Upcoming" tab at the top of the screen. It gives you all of the transparency you are looking for. It may not always be 100% accurate with the dates but it will at least tell you what stage of production any given game is, including reprints.

Phiveball said:

I guess you guys never noticed the "Upcoming" tab at the top of the screen. It gives you all of the transparency you are looking for. It may not always be 100% accurate with the dates but it will at least tell you what stage of production any given game is, including reprints.

Oh, I know it's there, but sometimes it's good to know how something an In Development product is actually coming along. Overall, I think FFG does a good job posting updates (especially for some of the living card games), but more updates are always welcome, especially if it's been months since the bombastic announcement.

Phiveball said:

I believe we are all very familiar with the Upcoming section of this very site. Unfortunately, the Upcoming section doesn't have any transparency on many things. Descent 2nd edition was announced more than 7 months ago. We still haven't read a single preview, so I hardly doubt the "upcoming! 2nd quarter" has any sense. The Star Wars LCG was upposed to be out for Christmas 2011, and then it was posponed to Christmas 2012. Other games are suffering from similar issues. They are announced eons before the publication date, and then the company doesn't say anything about the game for months

I'm definitely looking forward to this, whenever it comes out. If not before, then I will make sure I try it at GenCon...