Can Dracula Bluff Using

By Tromdial, in Fury Of Dracula

This question is a little rushed because I am getting ready for my first day of work, but a question arose last night when playing FoD and the Dracula player wondered if when we played Hired Scouts (name any two cities to be revealed) that he can play his Dracula event card (idr what it's called) that lets him not reveal a location if he wanted to bluff . i.e. Hired Scouts: Geneva and Venice. "No to Geneva and I play my Dracula card for Venice, so I may be there or I might not." He'd have to still reveal his encounter though as part of the bluff (because I am 90% sure Hired Scouts forces Encounters to be revealed too), but...

I didn't think he could on a hunch, as the variant in the FAQ says Dracula has to reveal too cards from his deck to show he really is not at a location the Hunters have searched, so I said no to it but was interested if anyone else knows you can or cannot. Thanks.

We generally play Dracula's event is used in this way: when Hired Scouts is played, the Dracula plays that Event card and downgrades the number of cities to be named from two to one. Let me highlight that I have the italian edition of the game, so I'm not so confident if the original wording is ok with my interpretation. In the italian version, the event card speaks of "cards revealed", hence Hired Scouts power can be lowered in this way.

I never really thought about this particular use of the card before, but I would be inclined to allow it (as a house rule if not an official one.) After all, Dracula must still "reveal" the location cards to prove they aren't in his trail. I think it's genius, and if Dracula wants to burn a card that could potentially be used in a more traditional way later, I say more power to him.

You are talking about Sensationalist Press. Dracula cannot play it, as the card says that it can only be played when Dracula has to reveal a location. Since there is no location to reveal, he cannot play the card. Of course, you can house rule it any way you like.

You are talking about Sensationalist Press. Dracula cannot play it, as the card says that it can only be played when Dracula has to reveal a location. Since there is no location to reveal, he cannot play the card. Of course, you can house rule it any way you like.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that Dracula doesn't need to reveal the locations named.

If they're in his trail, he needs to reveal them there. If they aren't in his trail, he needs to reveal them from the deck to prove they aren't in his trail.

Either way, the Dracula player needs to reveal the named locations.

Sensationalist Press can be played in response to any event card that forces him to reveal cards, and I think Hired Scouts qualifies as an event card that forces Dracula to reveal locations. FWIW, a quick google search seems to indicate most other people agree with that interpretation.