Exspansion ideas

By Andyhagrid, in Condottiere

This might be short as I am not a great fan of typing essays on boards.

This is just a question and a mild hope. After playing Condottiere does anyone else wish that there would be an exspansion of this game, be it more cards that could replace or mix into the orginal cards, Failing that how about a european wide game using the rules from this great game?

Hehe another thought to a European wide board picture it the size of the Condottiere board gran_risa.gif

those ideas are pretty interesting

or just do like monopoly and post Star Wars all over it.

Me, I honestly think the game is fine as it is. If there was an expansion, it woul either to increase the number of players or to change the board to another location. Extra cards could be risky, since it wouldn't take much to screw the balance of the game.

Maybe more diplomatic options in the rules?

I would like to see at least an one expansion. I really enjoy the game as is, but I also like having the option to change things up with new cards or maps.

I would like to see something like assassins.

In my head (granted I am no game designer and just vocing what I think would be cool) I see it as follows:

Assassins: worth 1

When an assassin is played pick a mercenary an opponant has on the table in front of them. That card is discarded and the assassin is now worth that amount of points +1. You can only play one assassin per battle.

So if you use the assassin to get rid of a 5, the assassin is now worth 6.

To balance it, it can even have the adverse effect of "If the winner of the battle played an assassin, the player to his left has control of the condottiere."

And to keep it light it could only add either 3 or 4 assassin cards to the game, between the constant shuffling and distribution of cards they can be a semi rare, yet tide turning occurance when one decides to show up amoung the, seemingly, never ending sea of Scarecrows.