Serpent, cultist deck.....

By Ian21, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

I am creating a cthulhu/hastur serpent and cultist deck.... I have the yog and ancient rituals expansions as well as arkham. I have included all the serpent cards from the yog expansion, but feel the deck is lacking in powerful monsters, are there any expansions that would allow me to include 4, 5 or 6 cost characters while keeping it thematical? Preferably 4 cost, as i like the idea of making it a rush/disposable cultist charcter deck.

Thanks

Ian

Well, let's take a look...

So the restriction is that it must be Cthulhu or Hastur, either a Serpent, Cultist, or both, and preferably 4-cost? Are Neutrals OK too? I'll assume for the moment that they are.

I'm going to the Cthulhu deckbuilder here:

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/CoC/cocdeckbuilder.html

I select Cthulhu/Hastur/Neutral, filter to Character cards, filter to cost 4+. Then I do a search on Serpent and one on Cultist.

We find Feathered Serpent (Murmurs of Evil) and Yellow Muse (Core).

med_gallery_59_302234.jpg

med_gallery_38_67897.jpg

Both look like solid and thematic characters for your deck I think.

you can add a very strong new card from the new extension

-- Cthulhu --
Uroborus, Fang of Yig
---------------------
Type : Character
Coût : 4
Skill : 3
Icones : TCC
Sous-type : Servitor. Serpent.
Descriptif : Response: After a Serpent character leaves play, put Uroborus into play from your hand. Action: If you have 3 or more Serpent characters in your discard pile, put Uroborus into play insane from your discard pile.
Flavor text:
Illustrateur : Hector Ortiz
Info Collectionneur : Written and Bound F3

Fang of Yig looks awesome, going to wait till I have enough cash for the new expasion, I have feathered serpent, but will lookinto getting yelow muse too.

Thanks