Attack orders - when / what?

By jazzee, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

I have a question about which order march orders go in.

Turn order is dictated by the Iron Throne influence track. Which is clear.

After planning phase we do our raid orders (which remove some orders etc) and then we go into the 'move troops'.

Now it would be assumed that when you in the planning phase you know where you are marching your troops to.

Say we have four adjoining sets of land

A B

C D

AB are owned by team 1, CD owned by team 2.

C and B have March orders.

Team 1 goes first, they march from B to D and take it over.

Team 2 goes second, can they march from C and take back D? Even if original march order was going to be for A?

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks!

jazzee said:

I have a question about which order march orders go in.

Turn order is dictated by the Iron Throne influence track. Which is clear.

After planning phase we do our raid orders (which remove some orders etc) and then we go into the 'move troops'.

Now it would be assumed that when you in the planning phase you know where you are marching your troops to.

Say we have four adjoining sets of land

A B

C D

AB are owned by team 1, CD owned by team 2.

C and B have March orders.

Team 1 goes first, they march from B to D and take it over.

Team 2 goes second, can they march from C and take back D? Even if original march order was going to be for A?

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks!

I have bolded the part of your question that is the problem. There is NO requirement that Team 2 declare where they plan to march when the order is revealed.

Remember that in AGOT (vs say TI3) all march orders are placed on zones where troops are moving from not where troops are marching towards .

your march orders are placed in regions you want to move from.

and

since someone can march before you, you are welcome to change your mind for what and where to attack/march. Or to even march at all.

using your example B could have marched to C and taken the region before C could have been resolved.