Character Creator done!

By DragonL0rd132, in Black Crusade

Nice! I've only taken a quick glance but it looks really well done aplauso.gif

I do have one question. Some GMs allow their players to roll up dice values and THEN assign them to characteristics. Does your program have a way of doing that or is it just the random roll option?

It is just the random dice rolls, but you can keep pressing the roll button till you get something better. You get one Reroll for every Roll for Characteristics.

Or just distribute the computer rolls onto your paper however you like and ignore the computer stats when you Finalize (just remember to apply the pride/disgrace/motivation bonuses.)

Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm currently learning javascript, so this is interesting to me in several ways :)

I'll be sure to forward this to our GM when we start playing Black Crusade.

Any chance you are going to make something like this for the other 40K RPG's?

No, because 1: I don't have the books and 2: somebody has already done so: www.blackmoor.org.uk/40K.html

This would perfect if one was allowed to enter characteristic scores, our GM is doing the Point Allocation method on pg 52.

Alright, working on it, with custom max allocation too.

Any chance you could update this to include the additional specialties added in the tomes that have been released?

Check the Errata. I think some of the talents for the Renegade (and possibly more stuff) is wrong. For example, Renegade is supposed to start with Weapon Training (Chain, Flame, Las, Primary,SP) + Weapon Training (Bolt) or Weapon Training (Shock).

Blarg, it's been awhile. The Tumblr hosting is down and will be down until a little after Tome of Decay comes out. Blood and Excess characters have been added but I want to release the complete gods version. (I'm a bit stuck on the Q'sal sorcerers...)

Praise be to the Dark Gods for a complete set of Four! *sacrifices cultists*

Super keen to see this thing up and running with all the Expan books.

Dragon I can't wait. What program or database are you using to build the character creator?

You might also think about adding a slot for building a Daemon prince since we have rules for making one now.

Edited by Vrakas14

My rituals have not been in vein! I have the Tome of Decay! It comes with 6 archetypes instead of the usual 4 so it will take longer than expected.

Vrakas, no external database here, just HTML and JavaScript. It might be considered "bad" coding but it works!

The Daemon Prince is really more of an Upgrade than Creator. I would make a separate program for that and I prioritize a Minion Maker before the Princes.

None of the download links are working! This is great btw, it'll save me a bunch of time making bad guys for my DW campaign.

How long will the generator be down?

Moo. Another cow onto the fire that we may get the character builder again!

None of the download links are working! This is great btw, it'll save me a bunch of time making bad guys for my DW campaign.

Loyalist scum!

Moo. Another cow onto the fire that we may get the character builder again!

Yor sacrifices have been heard! Check out the other topic.

Can I get a link or pay for a copy of the Character Generator - I am that much of a fan and would paypal you for your generator...