Some questions about Supply

By Verya, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

Hey guys,

Some points that me and my friends have been discussing, we could settle it from the rulebook.

Firstly, do you only and only change your placement in supply track when Supply card is drawn from Westeros Deck?

For example, If I barely meet my supply limit and I lose a region with supply in it, do I have to 'immediately' kill off some units to meet my supply? (considering I do not have to retreat some units and stack up stuff) Or do I only do that when a supply card is revealed from Westeros Deck? So is it possible to have a 4-3-2-2, then you lose 2-3 supply, but no supply card is revealed. Do you get to keep your 4 and 3 untill a supply card is revealed?

I can also rephrase that as, do I lower myself down on supply track 'immediately' after I lose a region with a barrel on it?

Secondly I'd like to ask if the same applies for gaining supply. Do I move myself up on supply track immediately after I take a new region with barrel on it?

These questions became a major dispute last game because we had musters in first two turns of the game and no supply cards. So some houses had trouble fitting into their supply limit and claimed that taking supply would immediately increase your limit while losing it would require a supply card to reconcile armies. Meanwhile, other players were free to distribute their units and claimed a supply card is necessary to make ''any'' changes to supply track. Appritiate any answers you guys provide!

Thanks

Hmmm either this forum is pretty much deserted or my question was so silly that noone bothered to answer :)

You only update the supply track when the cards comes up, based on how many barrels you hold at that time.

Players can never exceed the army supply limit, if they do some units must be destroyed.

This one seems to pop up quite a lot and is very simple. Gaining supply in an area does not immediately increase your position on the supply track. Only a resupply card can do that.

Best way to think of it is that an area has supplies in it, but it's not been distributed yet to the armies. A resupply card does that. The people inhabiting the area or castle gather up the food and other supplies and make it ready for use. The same way a castle contains troops but until the muster card comes up you can't call in the banners so to speak.