Warp Navigation cheat sheet

By NetzachBenetek, in Rogue Trader

Just wanted to share something with you: I made a cheat-sheet for my RT Navigator because the rulebook smears it out over 5 pages and covers it in so much fluff I lost track of the rules. Then my GM suggested I share this sheet, so here it is. It contains no house rules, it's all standard rulebook, but condensed into one sheet for easy use. Enjoy!

Since I couldn't find the attachment option I uploaded it to my site: Warp Navigation cheat-sheet v2

disclaimer: I don't know how the copyright works exactly, but to be complete I included the Warp Events table from the rulebook. No infringement intended, this is only a tool for people who already own the rules.

edit 15-03 #2: updated to v2, includes Hostile Acquisitions Elseway Charts and some corrections/clarifications.

edit 15-03: fixed link

Seems to be a problem with the URL there, alas, but thanks for the attempt

Mmm can't get the link to work with the long name, this one works: Warp Navigation Cheat sheet

Also I can't find the edit button to elegantly fix this in my OP, am I missing anything?

@auer: that's a pretty nifty tool there, hadn't seen that yet. Although I'll stick with my cheatsheet, don't use a laptop while I'm playing. Plus I'm a bit old-fashioned and like rolling dice myself :) I'll leave my sheet up for anyone who thinks it useful.

Nice work NetzachBenetek! Just a few notes.

1. Are the Talented (Navigation Warp)/(Awareness) talents already meant to be incorporated into the skills before they go on the sheet?

2. Hostile Acquisitions, p65 provides the Elseway Charts, an alternative method of navigating the warp without using the Astronomicon. Instead of searching for that beacon, a navigator studies the charts using Forbidden Lore (warp). It may be worthwhile to include this as an option on a future version of your sheet.

3. The success in the text next to the third box is missing an "s".

4. A navigator can also choose the carto-artifex role from Into The Storm. It makes finding the astronomicon easier.

1) Yes, "skill" should be filled in with your complete skill including any permanent bonuses for stuff like Talented. I'll make an update to clarify that.

2) I just included that option yesterday evening in my sheet, as my character got those charts in the last session. Let me tweak the sheet with your other suggestions and upload it soon.

3)thx

4) Thx for the tip, I completely missed that role... And now I wonder if I shouldn't have chosen that one. The +10 is basically an extra DoS on the locating, which translates to a +10 to all subsequent rolls as well, seems better than +5 to only the Nav(Warp) rolls. Only downside is that it doesn't work with elseway charts, which is a bit weird fluff-wise, as the carto-artifex is a master of charts and the elseway charts are, well, charts :)

Glad to be of service. IIRC you can change ship roles for one or two hundred xp (up to GM). My own carto-artifex took BC elseway charts as his starting acquisition and I'm finding them a blast.

Used your suggestions for my updated version . I'll also edit the op to link to this new version

Those Elseway charts are pretty funky, unfortunately we just ended up near the heart of a warp storm /anomaly, where I'll probably won't be able to find the Astronomican nor will the area be charted by those Elseways (GM ruling which I find perfectly acceptable) so I'm in for a rough time...

ps: weird forum "feature": if I go to this thread via my profile I don't get the edit option for posts, if I navigate there via normal means I can edit my posts preocupado.gif

NetzachBenetek said:

Used your suggestions for my updated version . I'll also edit the op to link to this new version

Those Elseway charts are pretty funky, unfortunately we just ended up near the heart of a warp storm /anomaly, where I'll probably won't be able to find the Astronomican nor will the area be charted by those Elseways (GM ruling which I find perfectly acceptable) so I'm in for a rough time...

ps: weird forum "feature": if I go to this thread via my profile I don't get the edit option for posts, if I navigate there via normal means I can edit my posts preocupado.gif

Duly noted sir. Also, I love that campaign site. The details in the map are a really cool touch.

Thx happy.gif I have to go to work on the map again, as we moved beyond Zayth toward "Mykybe's Veil", that warpstorm blur in the Heathen stars region...

Files don't work for me