West Road Traveller query

By Veybo, in Rules questions & answers

Hey guys, apologies if this has been asked, but I can't search the Forums at the moment for some reason.

West Road Traveller states " Response: After you play West Road Traveller from your hand, switch the active location with any other location in the staging area ."

Some of the Quest cards in "The Massing at Osgiliath" set state " Players cannot travel to XXXX Bank locations ."

If you play West Road Traveller it appears that you are simply Switching locations, not Travelling , from a card interaction point of view. Therefore it would appear to me that playing West Road Traveller allows you to go to locations that you normally couldn't?

Does anybody have a reason to argue with this?

Appreciate peoples thoughts and responses on this.

Cheers!

While we have a thread up on this card. Can you switch a location to make it active if there is not a current active location?

Sprenger said:

While we have a thread up on this card. Can you switch a location to make it active if there is not a current active location?

Unfortunately, no. The wording is specific to switching and you can't switch if there is no active location.

Veybo said:

West Road Traveller states " Response: After you play West Road Traveller from your hand, switch the active location with any other location in the staging area ."

Some of the Quest cards in "The Massing at Osgiliath" set state " Players cannot travel to XXXX Bank locations ."

Just my opinion, I think that you can, as long as that particular location does not contain "...cannot be affected by player card effect" or something like that. Since you are switching the active location, you are not Travelling, so you can avoid the Travel effects and work around the "cannot travel" effect.