Edit?

By Kaufschtick, in Wings of War

Nice changes here, but I'm a really poor typist.

I sure hope we get an "edit" ability here soon!

Supposedly you can edit for up to 5 minutes after you post...

Never mind getting to edit, I can't find out how to post a message on here yet.

Good to see you on the new site though.

I can edit any time, never had to wait 5 min?

Wish we could have our own Avatars though.

Nice to see you around Kauffy

Hi Kaufey,

Well this is all very annoying! So like is all the old stuff we wrote is lost and gone for good ? I hope its ported across, cause I'm going to get sick of reading and answering all those same old, "how do you play this game?" game questions over and over. If all that info we posted is just deletedI then it all seems like a great big waste if you ask me!

Now that winge session is over with its now on to positive stuff, the user interface seems a bit more straight forward and it all looks good, I can't wait to slow it all down to a crawl with tons of game and model pictures.

Oh yeah, I filled in my profile and it all looks really sad as It tells me I have no friends and it appears as though nobody wants to be my friend!

Roger Wilco said:

Hi Kaufey,

Well this is all very annoying! So like is all the old stuff we wrote is lost and gone for good ? I hope its ported across, cause I'm going to get sick of reading and answering all those same old, "how do you play this game?" game questions over and over. If all that info we posted is just deletedI then it all seems like a great big waste if you ask me!

Now that winge session is over with its now on to positive stuff, the user interface seems a bit more straight forward and it all looks good, I can't wait to slow it all down to a crawl with tons of game and model pictures.

Oh yeah, I filled in my profile and it all looks really sad as It tells me I have no friends and it appears as though nobody wants to be my friend!

Hi, one friend is now here......

and I hope , that the "old" stuff is not lost and gone.

Good to see a lot of familiar names again.

It would be great if the old posts were still accessible somehow. There was a lot of good information there!

The "friends" thing is a little odd. Really can't tell much about a user from their profile - just have to look at their post and see if they look "OK".

On a related note - Did/do some of you guys play A&A minis? Some of your screen names sound famililar. I was Desert_Rat back on those forums.

Yo Dudes!!

Good to see so many familiar names, a bit of a shame we are limited to using the sites 15-20 avitars, i feel we have kind of lost our Individual personalitys a bit.

Never mind, gonna give posting a picture a go. If it turns out ok it should be a picture of a B17 getting jumped by a couple of Zero's. (For all you hard-core WOW players, you should recognise it from the other site)

511932766.jpg

nice picture!

The Sundance Kid said:

I can edit any time, never had to wait 5 min?

Nice to see you around Kauffy

I see a "reply" and a "quote" button, but no "edit" button when I'm logged in?

So how does one edit? Not only am a notoriously bad "typist", but I'm an equally bad speller!

Also, I'm trying to insert a "smiley" here, as I see an icon for that in the toolbar...but it appears to not be working?

Well, I'm in...this forum is a bit clunky; and I agree with Kauf...(or was it Roger?) that it'd be nice to change avatars...I noticed that the series 3 minis are supposed to be available fom FFG in DEC. That must be one slow boat that's delivering them, since it set sail in late September! Anyway, I'll still be lurking at boardgame geek and yaho until this site gets a little more mature...W

What I miss is the ability to upload an avatar from my computer... If everybody from the old FFG -forum is going to land here there is going to be a real shortage of original avatar's demonio.gif

Roger Wilco said:

Hi Kaufey,

Oh yeah, I filled in my profile and it all looks really sad as It tells me I have no friends and it appears as though nobody wants to be my friend.

What's up R_W !

Good to see you over here!

I've decided to befriend anyone who can show me how to edit and/or insert smileys!

I hit the preview button...and it showed me a view of exactly what my pre preview looked like! And "no", I didn't stutter! (see, right here is where I would typically put in some silly smiley; you know, to show that I wasn't being too terribly serious...ah, come to think of it, I better cut this part short, as I'm liable to discover a typo after I post this message, and I'll be completely helpless to correct it...)

PS- I would've put in another smiley at the end there...but, you know, I don't seem to be able to figure out just how to put those little things in ...um, again, I'm risking another typo here in prolonged dialog...

...come to think of it, maybe if I discover, well, when I discover a typo, I think I'll just quote my original message, and make my correction that way...

...again, I would've put -a - smiley -in -there...

...you know, cause I wasn't being serious, but - I - don't - know - how....

Hey, that was cool.

I reported my own post to the moderator in order to find out just how the H-E-Double Toothpicks to edit!

BTW, it just occurred (spelling?) to me that this topic is in no way at related to WoW...

...yet it's my favorite one over here so far! (resorts to ancient meathod of smileys used by the Romans)...

:) !

kaufschtick said:

Hey, that was cool.

I reported my own post to the moderator in order to find out just how the H-E-Double Toothpicks to edit!

BTW, it just occurred (spelling?) to me that this topic is in no way at [EDIT] all related to WoW...

...yet it's my favorite one over here so far! (resorts to ancient meathod of smileys used by the Romans)...

:) !

Yeah, this is a pretty stupid way to edit, but what the heck...when in Rome, do as the Romans...

Test here to see if I get an edit option for 5 minutes or to see if i can get any "smiley's" to appear!

I don't see any smileys...

OK, I have an edit option here, but it may be for only 5 minutes...

Still no smileys

Plus, when I post, after I select "publish", I get kicked all the way back out to the forum entrance location?

Cool minis, the fire effect is nice.

Maybe I'm just having a slow brain day, but I can't find any information on the forums that tells me what my points are for, or any buttons that let me ask people to be my friend. A couple of people have asked me, thats what got me curious, but do you think I can find anything that lets me ask other people.

in to their profile and their should be a button at the top right of the page

and the points are for raffles

Cheers dude, I hadn't thought to look on someone elses profile.

I'd be curious as to how points are gained. Sometimes when you post you get points, othertimes not.

Banichi said:

I'd be curious as to how points are gained. Sometimes when you post you get points, othertimes not.

My points count has been stuck on 38 for my last 5 posts, the forum gods mustn't like me gui%C3%B1o.gif

PS wish I could find an edit button or something.

up to a certain amount of time you should be able to edit the button should be right up where it shows the date your post was published

and im starting to think when your points start getting higher that you only get points for big posts

hope this info helps happy.gif

derros87 said:

up to a certain amount of time you should be able to edit the button should be right up where it shows the date your post was published

and im starting to think when your points start getting higher that you only get points for big posts

hope this info helps happy.gif

Hey, "Thanks" for the heads up, I kinda got things figured out with the help of the support folks on here.

The one thing that is a complete pain in the arse is after you post, it kicks you out to the main forum entrance page! serio.gif

I hope they get that changed here soon, it's not very user friendly at this point. bostezo.gif

hmmm thats never happened to me serio.gif