How fast can someone put on armor

By Nojo509, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

If an acolyte in her PJs is woken up and hears a fight, how fast cans she put on armor?

No fast enough, if they are attacked in their pj's they'll have to fight in their pj's
Don't know the extact time but it depends on the type of armour.

1 Full action for a Flak Coat of any type, longer for the rest...

Though you did make me rememeber where my swashbuckler (who slept naked) was rudely awakened an forced into a sword fight...

I would suggest something along the lines of 30 seconds per point of armor in the body at least. Adding for each additional location of coverage. +30 for arms, + 30 for legs, + 30 for head.

Putting armor on is one thing, putting it on correctly is a matter of straps, hooks, buckles, buttons, and Velcro.

Power armor, I would double the time it takes. You could also say that for power armor you must have assistance.

ItsUncertainWho said:

Power armor, I would double the time it takes. You could also say that for power armor you must have assistance.

I generally work with the idea that it takes somewhere in the region of four hours to don a suit of Power Armour, less if you have an arming servitor or other trained assistant to help you. The main reason for such a prohibitively long set-up time is simply to ensure that Power Armour (which sees use in my game, as one of my players has a Sister Militant character who has access to such equipment) is only used in appropriate situations. You can't just nip back to base and strap it on, so it only gets used for those big assaults when all pretence of subtlety has passed...

Who in the hell sleeps naked? Best Quality Armored Bodyglove for the win! :)

Your character doesn't get much action, eh? gran_risa.gif

Smokes said:

Your character doesn't get much action, eh?

I'd say they get entirely too much action...

I generally work with the idea that it takes somewhere in the region of four hours to don a suit of Power Armour, less if you have an arming servitor or other trained assistant to help you.

Four hours for PA seems a little long to me, especially if you go by the rules with the 1d5 hours of use. However, I'd consider it pretty much impossible unaided. With trained aid, it might take somewhere between a half and a full hour, depending on how well-maintained the suit and how religious the bearer is.

To get back to the original question: Coat-like armour (mesh and some flak) can be put on in a matter of seconds. Carapace would likely take about a minute per hit location.

JacobKlunder said:

Your character doesn't get much action, eh? gran_risa.gif

Smokes said:

wait, you take your clothes off for that? i mean, at most I can see removing your pants, but there is an access hole right?

I can understand the idea that powered armor requires assistance, thus far in history very few armors have required assistants to put on. Even most forms of plate mail could be donned and doffed without assistance (though it took much less time and was somewhat easier if you had a friend helping you). Going by the notion that this is "fantasy-in-space", I'd equate power armor to plate mail and say that a person could (with the appropriate skills and talents) get into and out of power armor unassisted (indeed, the idea of "power armor" makes me think it will do some assisting on its own), but it'll take 30 mintues to an hour. Maybe skill rolls can shorten that to half, and an assistant can shorten it to half. Skill roll and assistant shortens it to a quarter.

Everything already said.

Please take note that a body glove might take to much time as well. I imagine it like a suit for scupa-diving. Nothing you will get into when you are in a hurry.

Flak coats rule, but unless you take some kind to fasten everything, the front might be unarmoured. Two full actions, I would suppose