Help me make these custom characters and stuff, do it now!...please

By GrandClam, in Tannhauser

Alright here's everything on my list.

Gegengheist Gruppe (Jurgen Wulf, Gen. Mauler, Dr. Bathory, Krieger twins ((all at some stage of development)) Scientist trooper, Jetpack trooper ((not even started, but star wars snowtroopers with some mods seem to fit the bill)))

Trevor Bruttenholm for BPRD

Mercenaries:

Disguising Spy

Mummy

and here's what I'm REALLY looking for and wanting help with, customs for the Shogunate! I want to take a small step away from the whole, tradition and honor thing and make characters focused on the horrible things done in the pacific during WWII

Unnamed Male (Kiriyama in homage of BR?) - This guy is pretty sketched out already. His model is the Disciple of Ragnos from Star Wars minis. This guy is a jerk, and the Capt of an elite aircraft squadron known as the Killer Bats (thought I'd keep the anime theme). Due to the Shogunate's dwindling war resources, he has fought all over the place; instructing his troops to **** and murder during the occupation of China and sinking ships in Pearl Harbor.

Special Object- Kamikazi. He can call down one of his aircraft to crash somewhere on the game board and place lots of volatile rubble and rubble and hurting anyone underneath. I'm thinking a random roll each turn to make it come down after declaring where- so it becomes one of those "Uuuhhh, should I go through there?.." moments. (and when you finally think it through to go, that's when it finally explodes, falls, etc)

Combat- Wakisashi: (just a HtH weapon)

Surrender: If beat target in mental duel place "mercy" tokens on them. A character with mercy tokens cannot attack him

Merciless Strike: If attack target with mercy tokens, does HUGE damage

Stamina- Wakisashi

Smoke Grenades

Kansai Land Mine

Command- Wakisashi

Airplane: (I'm thinking) you can roll a die up to three times before the first turn and consult a chart to see if you deal automatic wounds to any opposing characters. For each die you roll, this guy misses a turn. (so if you roll three, he could come in on the fourth turn)

???

IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

Tokyo Rose (Sorceress Himiko?) I suppose she would have more bonuses against males than Miah's mercenary lady and use the Heroclix Kabuki mini. Also use mental powers if she is the himiko lady.

Radioactive Zombie Mutants (troops) The Manhattan project had some unforeseen side-effects....

Some of this stuff seems like a really bad idea. Like.. incredibly unbalanced bad.

The planes being able to make chosen spaces on the map volatile and burning. Mercy tokens making it so the character both cannot be attacked AND so that he can deal extra damage to that person when he does attack. What exactly is the down side? Wouldnt that mean rush around the board and give everyone 1 mercy token and then slowly build up a stack of them on every character and then just flat out murder the other team while they cannot even attack you?

Yea.. No.

First let me say I’m extremely dubious of the socio-cultural ramifications of your character’s back-story. Secondly I’m not even sure those events took place in the U-Chronic Universe in which Tannhauser exists. I’m almost certain that there was no Pearl Harbor bombing for instance.

Now to the actual token ideas, most are fine, just weapons, etc. The mercy token idea just doesn’t work, it’s far too overpowered, I created a “merciless” token once, it’s on the blog somewhere.

The Kamikaze idea would be a great scenario component, but I don’t think it should be a character power. And the Airplane has potential, but right now you mechanic is overcomplicated, and really it doesn’t give the feel of a strafing aircraft.

I think you should try to bring the two ideas together, like so…

Air Support: (5 dice, Combat Value=6)

You can call in for an aircraft to strafe the battlefield with machine gun fire.

Ability – Once per game you may choose any path on the map, all characters on that path suffer a single attack roll; each target makes a separate shock roll.

You’ve got a good start, I find it best to come up with an idea, then stick some characters on the map, and roll some dice, if it seems overpowered, then tone it down till it seems too weak, then bring it back up a little.

Not overpowered! His mental stat would probably be 5 at the highest, and must win a mental duel as the attacker to place "mercy" tokens. In fact, in order to keep him from being useless I was thinking of adding an extra die to his roll if he has not yet used mercy on them and subtracting one if he has attacked them while they have a mercy token. Also, I haven't finished their rules, but you would either place one or two mercy tokens. one would be removed after the target's next activation. two would be removed one by one at the refresh step. This would keep things from needing 100 mercy tokens and the guy from being overpowered. (though I still don't think he would be, a simple HtH weapon and overall CV 4 doesn't make for a very good attack).

Keep in mind he's a pilot, not at all like Mizu or Itami- his stats are rubbish compared to them. He's a support character like Irina, think stats and combat ability around those lines.

As for the Kamikaze attack, that mostly just alters the game board. Sure you could put it over a much needed token the opposing team wants, but you have no say as to when the actual tokens and possible damage are placed- the dice do. ex: bringing in drop-troops in Warhammer 40k. I'm thinking the ability will go off on the roll of a 1 or 2, so a 1 in 5 chance each turn of it actually working. I figure most games are around six or so turns, that should work nicely. It will either come in at the start and give the shogunate a nice boost, or come in too late to do anything.

Thank you for the aircraft Idea, I know it wasn't very good. basically just took a hero away from the shoguns and makes the other team start with wounds. I'm leaning towards, he can exit the game board via any entry point and blah blah blah.

I don't like regular attacks, though. Almost every character I make inflicts automatic wounds with special abilities. My reasoning: Epic Characters. Natalya is slated to heal and Asteros is made to never take damage. 95% of attacks are meaningless to those characters, or at least Asteros. I want the ability to field such characters in Deathmatch or any mode. If the plane does CV6 5dice, it's going to deal a wound to most all characters except for those mentioned. An automatic wound will still only deal a wound to those characters, but will also hurt Asteros.

But now you get my reasoning for him not being overpowered. Mercy tokens don't last long, and that's IF you get can get it to work. It was never my intention to make them lasting, even if he doesn't attack or anything. He would surrender but then the people would be all "Um...why is he still completing objectives?"