Adventure pack priority?

By cuber3, in Strategy and deck-building

Hi, I've just started playing this game.
I studied the game rules and watched a bunch of playthrough videos to get a feel for the game and help me decide on purchasing, then I got the core set.
I'm sure the core set will keep me occupied for a while, playing through all these scenarios and getting a feel for different decks, discovering the most useful cards, forming strategies, etc.
I'm keen on purchasing adventure packs on a regular basis, but I was wondering which ones I should get first?
Are all adventure pack scenarios possible to beat in a solo setting? Which ones contain the most useful cards to go with the core set for a beginning player?
I'm very tempted to just get the Khazad-Dum expansion next, since it's another big package of completely new cards, but I guess it's better to first get the adventure packs that go with the core set before playing that? And also important, though probably subjective: which ones are the most fun?

Sorry for the wealth of questions, any input is more than appreciated :)

cuber3 said:

Hi, I've just started playing this game.
I studied the game rules and watched a bunch of playthrough videos to get a feel for the game and help me decide on purchasing, then I got the core set.
I'm sure the core set will keep me occupied for a while, playing through all these scenarios and getting a feel for different decks, discovering the most useful cards, forming strategies, etc.
I'm keen on purchasing adventure packs on a regular basis, but I was wondering which ones I should get first?
Are all adventure pack scenarios possible to beat in a solo setting? Which ones contain the most useful cards to go with the core set for a beginning player?
I'm very tempted to just get the Khazad-Dum expansion next, since it's another big package of completely new cards, but I guess it's better to first get the adventure packs that go with the core set before playing that? And also important, though probably subjective: which ones are the most fun?

Sorry for the wealth of questions, any input is more than appreciated :)

hi

firslty i would reccomend getting khazad dum after you have played for a while and have a better card pool, otherwise you will find it really diffiult

all are do-able solo, and i have done so, though the last-return to mirkwood certianly was luck and this is the least solo friendly, though easier than dol guldur

all have plenty of good player cards, espcecially the ones with 'song' cards in

you may want to do it in order if you like theme

best place to start in my opinion is hunt for gollum- it has some great cards, its first in the cycle, and its a nice one to play solo, a good challenge but still easy enough not to be too daunting

they are all fun in my opinion though for different reasons

the least fun (though it has the best artwork) is emyn muil- it is basically jsut travelling to lots of locations, but it was ok for a one off- i dont think they will do a repeat of this, it was too much of a one trick pony

rich

Alright, thanks for the input :)

I will probably get The Hunt For Gollum next, and then just get the others somewhat in order.

good choice

rich

Go in the order that things were released and only add cards to your deck from those adventures. This will give you the experience of having played the game as it has developed over its lifespan so far.

Definitly khazad dum which is excellent

And Massing at Osgilliath (PoD), excellent scenario for solo & co-op with increasing difficulty

The only draw back is that this scenar is difficult and for this you really need "advanced" player cards

Just got back with The Hunt for Gollum, The Conflict At Carrock and Journey to Rosghobel.
Had a job interview today and apparently one of the very few stores that sell this stuff here in Belgium was only a 5 minute drive from there, so I couldn't resist picking up some new stuff, I have a lot of catching up to do :)
Haven't got the chance to play any of them yet, but I will tomorrow. Also picked up two packs of art sleeves, though I wish I had gotten 500 or so regular transparent ones to protect the rest of my cards.