Question: the proper way to interpret one keeper action card

By OwenHang, in Mansions of Madness Print on Demand Expansions

Dear players,

while I was examining all the keeper action card of Forbidden Alchemy, I found one of these cards hard to understand its meaning. My point is as follow:

The "Unwilling Test Subject" card said: " Perform 1 of the following: .....? Give an investigator in the same space as a cultist 1 mutation token ."

Does it mean the keeper could give an investigator 1 mutation token only when he/she is in the same space with a cultist, or to regard an investigator as a cultist, and give him/ her 1 mutation token?

If the answer is the latter, then why don't rephrase this instruction into : "Give an investigator 1 mutation token as if he/she is a humanoid monster."

Any positive critics or suggestions are accepted, thank you.

Sincerely.

I firmly believe that if the meaning of the card was "to regard an investigator as a cultist, and give him/ her 1 mutation token?", it would have read something like "Give an investigator 1 mutation token as if he/she is a humanoid monster."… ;)

Think it´s safe to say that the card means "the keeper could give an investigator 1 mutation token only when he/she is in the same space with a cultist" Reading the card I can´t see how it can be any other way.