iOS/Android App?

By Anonymous7, in DungeonQuest

I think this would make a perfect mobile app. Obviously it would be better on tablets (no reason not to release it to them too), but it could work very well on phones too imo. Sure it would be great to have online, but even for pass-and-play and solitaire games it would be awesome imo. What do you guys think?

Not very likely, even for just the base game. Resources needed, and a small screen space in some cases would be challenging, probably requiring multiple specialty views. Also, it is a social game where face to face interaction is more important than some might assume.

JCHendee said:

Not very likely, even for just the base game.

There's only a base game serio.gif

And of course you ignored all the other issues for a petty point.

I'd love it for the iPad (along with lots of other board games)

JCHendee said:

Also, it is a social game where face to face interaction is more important than some might assume.

While I agree that board games are alot more fun with the people in the actual room, it hasn't stopped games like Monopoly, or Risk being made into NES games and being released on every video game and computer system since. Catan is a great modern example, while again, Yes, I would prefer to play Catan with real people in the room and be more social, it still is fun to play over x-box live or the iphone. DungeonQuest would be a perfect game to play on the phone or tablet, even a solitaire version would be enough for me to buy by shoving $10-20ish dollars into fantasy flight's mouth to make them shut up about trying to sell me the app.