New Richard Borg C & C game--Samurai Battles!

By Interceptor2, in Battlelore

I'm super excited by this news. A Russian gaming company is coming out with a new game of samurai battles in Feudal Japan. I love this era and have long hoped for a wargame of this type, of the same quality as BattleLore. This new game is due out in May. For you die hard BattleLore fans (like me), this looks like a great new game. Here's a link to an article in Game Trader magazine: http://www.gametrademagazine.com/Home/1/1/58/581 . I know, I know...it's not BattleLore and it looks historical rather than fantastic. I'm okay with that. I still plan to play a lot of BattleLore (the Middle-Ages will always be nearest and dearest to my heart), but the allure of these games is the recreation of fierce battles. Having armies of samurai, ashigaru, samurai archers, etc. to slug it out on the battlefields of ancient Japan...bad ass, in my opinion! And if they give us some ninjas! Oh, that would be even better.

This game has been on my radar since Richard Borg mentioned it in his "wargame designer of the month (January)" thread on bgg. Was sold from the getgo, but even happier with everything I hear about it. The mention of dragon cards and honor/fortune tokens seems to indicate that the game will play similar to BattleLore and the Lore deck. Regardless, C&C Samurai is something I will enjoy. Added bonus of getting the Art of Tactics game bundled with it - icing on the cake.

Thanks for posting this - hope it generates some more interest in the game.

Thanks for the news, some how even with reading Richards BGG interview I missed this...

Time to put gaming funds to one side for a bit...

Chris