What options are there for cyceling?

By iGaveHimLife, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

I've been playing with a Miskatonic / Silver Twilight deck... I think it is coming along ok.. nvr be tourny grade but it is a fun controlish type deck.. the problem is that it realys a lot on card draw and discard.. so I am burning though my deck really fast...

So instead of starting from scratch I want to look at what options I have to play cards directly form the discard pile or cycle my entire discard pile back into my deck.. (I can to seam to find a card that dose that?)

Any ideas?

Mystic Bounty Hunter can return attachments , though it has the drawback of working on both players.
Satchel of the Void seams a good option....
Arcane Transformation could be good...

there jus tdosn't seam to be much options for this type of effect...

iGaveHimLife said:

So instead of starting from scratch I want to look at what options I have to play cards directly form the discard pile or cycle my entire discard pile back into my deck.. (I can to seam to find a card that dose that?)

cthulhu.dbler.com/index.php

Syndicate also features quite a few cards that cause cards to be put to the bottom of your deck instead of being discarded.

Then there's quite a few cards that get shuffled back into your deck instead of being discarded, e.g. Relics which helps to slow down the depletion of your deck.

I'd be careful about centering a deck on discard reuse, though, because of Snow Graves . Alternatively make sure to include cards to deal with Snow Graves, e.g. support or attachment destruction.

You must also be wary of discard/milling decks: drawing lots of cards will help your opponent to win that much faster.

May I take a moment to point out my favourite anti 'SNOW GRAVES' card which would seem to be what you're looking for??

I'm new to the game but my first pick, and one I definately include, would be 'FORGOTTEN SHOGGOTH' from the Yog-Sothoth deck.

It reads:

"Any time a card would go to your discard pile, put that card on the bottom of your deck"

so 'SNOW GRAVES' is useless because the cards never even make it to the discard pile.

OH. I should also mention that when I use this (Or intend to cause I've not played yet) I would also have some cards that cause the deck to be shuffled so there's a chance of getting them back sooner.

Hope this helps.

Argh! CardGameDB isn't working right now for me! Cthulhu Dabbler still not working for me either sad.gif so I can only assume jhaelen is referring to the Forgotten Shoggoth. That card rocks my face for recycling.

What are you trying to pull back? Satchel of the Void is my favorite all purpose recycling card for your ST/MU deck, but there's an Excavation something-or-other in MU that I believe can pull back Relics and/or Tomes. Of course, if you're pulling characters then Professor Nathaniel Peaslee works wonders. Note his text says characters that entered a discard pile this phase, but it doesn't specify that they had to be in play...