Regionals in Netherlands or Belgium?

By Spelgroep Phoenix, in CoC Organized Play

Are there any plans to organize a tournament in one of these countries?

I for sure am interested in attending.

If there is enough interest I can try to set something up myself. The only thing is that I really want to join the tournament myself. Last time I did not play against myself was more then 4 months ago. Unfortunately, I was told that there should be someone to run the event, judge and clarify rules. That person can not take part of the tournament. So far, this has kept me from looking into the possibility of organizing a tournament.

It really depends on the number of participants.

I pretty much always found a way to organize AND play. And win. It's not interesting to organize and play if you can't cheat with pairings or change results :D

But, of experience, if you have more than 16 participants, and the last faq was years ago, you can forget to play, it's just impossible you alone. Or, you negociate with others judges/participants to help you.

Concerning regionals in Belgium, I still don't have any plans right now.

The official tournament rules do not prohibit the organizer from playing. When I've run tournaments in which I want to play, i make sure there are two other people that the players accept as judges in case a question arises in a game I am playing. I want 2 other judges because it is possible I am playing one of those judges when a question arises.

Darkman said:

Are there any plans to organize a tournament in one of these countries?

I for sure am interested in attending.

If there is enough interest I can try to set something up myself. The only thing is that I really want to join the tournament myself. Last time I did not play against myself was more then 4 months ago. Unfortunately, I was told that there should be someone to run the event, judge and clarify rules. That person can not take part of the tournament. So far, this has kept me from looking into the possibility of organizing a tournament.

Hi!

This year, unfortunately, I cannot take care of the organization because of my really busy schedule at work and then holiday planned already one year ago!

I will attend (99%) the regionals in Munich, organized by Ulrich. If from the Belgium community there is an event coming AND this event is in June (NOT the 2nd/3rd of June) I will do my best to attend that one too.

That said, if you want to organize it, I think you can manage to play too :) regardless the number of players. No one will complain.

cheers

Konx/Francesco