new expansion?

By ArturiStellare, in Runewars

I have runewars and banners of war but i want now more and more expansion !!! i love this game i need new exp!!! please fantasyflight go go go!

There must be a lot of people waiting for a new expansion. I know my player group is. Please FFG, shed us some light! Is there anything planned in the future? Possibly for 5-6 players? Possibly with Orcs & Dwarfs?

Personally I'd like to see some nasty neutral monsters which cannot be negotiated with, will never rout, and who will guard their territory like a lioness. And more options to influence map tiles. I thought the cryomancy/desolation tokens were pretty cool. Now let's drown our opponents in lava.

I hope so too that there will be a new expansion soon…

Neutral units could have their own cards that send them wandering around the world or will give them different aims, "Conquer the nearest city" for example… There are so many possibilities - FFG please just produce the addon (and don´t forget the dwarfs and orcs ;) )!

Please FFG give us a new expansion of orcs and dwarves yellow orange I don't care. It doesn't need many bells and whistles we'll be satisfied with a couple of new races and some new tiles. since I have the big box I realize I want see any more mountains but that's fine. Lets get on the ball with the new races please.

Please FFG give us a new expansion of orcs and dwarves yellow orange I don't care. It doesn't need many bells and whistles we'll be satisfied with a couple of new races and some new tiles. since I have the big box I realize I want see any more mountains but that's fine. Lets get on the ball with the new races please.

i dont think the new cheap version, which costs nearly the same as the old big box, at least in my language, sells good. runewars is dead unless orcs and dwarfes are released.

It's $10-$20 less MSRP (I can't remember what the original sold for, that was a few years ago I bought it; I think it may have been $90 back in the day). And the major changes to components are there are no mountains, and the race sheets are thinner; I don't think players are getting gypped on the price they are paying, really.

magicrealm said:

i dont think the new cheap version, which costs nearly the same as the old big box, at least in my language, sells good. runewars is dead unless orcs and dwarfes are released.

*Puts on his crotchety old man hat*

You know, I remember back when board games didn't need to release new material every few months in order to remain relevant. In my day they'd just publish a new edition every 5-10 years or so and that was that. We bought it, we played it for years to come and we liked it that way. If we wanted extra races we made them ourselves!

=P

+1

FF we need a new expansion for this game! If you release an expansion with Orcs and Dwarves I will literally make a party to celebrate this =) !!!

We want more! Ill pay the 50 bucks just for two new races and same new heroes with orcs and goblins being one of them. But I would love it if you also made new developments, more neutral units and map tiles. A big three headed hydra or a regenerating river troll would make perfect new neutral units! So Ill just have to agree with Poet1001, I would definitely have a Runewars party if you make this happen! Please do!

I want some too, dwarfs and orcs should be a good idea

Idea with dwarfs and orcs sounds great! It is possibillity to play 2-6 players game, and maybe some cards stimulating players to make an alliance (temporarily of course) or just provide help will be very interesting

I would love to see the 12 Oath and Anvil units appear in a Runewars expansion! Also, I agree that rules for 5 and 6 players needs to be implemented. I don't know if anything really needs to be changed for that to happen or not, but with two new races and a max of 6 players, that would be great!

One thought on the new units, though. What if someone had the core set and then bought this hypothetical, highly-anticipated expansion, but didn't purchase Banners of War. That means the Orcs of the Broken Plains and the Dunwarr Dwarves would need to have 4 core units and 2 extra units for use with the Banners of War expansion. I bring this up because I'm unaware of any product from FFG that requires the base set and an expansion in order to play. All the expansions are supposed to be usable with just the core. This isn't a big deal, really, but I did want to point this out.

One thought on the new units, though. What if someone had the core set and then bought this hypothetical, highly-anticipated expansion, but didn't purchase Banners of War. That means the Orcs of the Broken Plains and the Dunwarr Dwarves would need to have 4 core units and 2 extra units for use with the Banners of War expansion. I bring this up because I'm unaware of any product from FFG that requires the base set and an expansion in order to play. All the expansions are supposed to be usable with just the core. This isn't a big deal, really, but I did want to point this out.

They might include the extra units with a footnote that these units are suggested to only be used in conjunction with Banners of War. For example, the Tomb of Ice expansion to Descent 1E included "Advanced Campaign" monster cards for all of the monsters included, even though ToI itself was not an "Advanced Campaign" expansion set.

Alternatively, they might put out the expansion without the extra 2 units and then sell a "Booster pack" containing the two extra units and related components separately, so that people with both expansions could get everything in two boxes, while people without Banners could just get the main expansion box.

All this is, of course, hypothetical. Runewars is one of Corey's games (like TI3), and his games don't tend to expand as quickly as some other game lines. Depending on your point of view, this may be a good thing, as it means that any new content will be thoroughly thought through and boiled down to the necessary elements.

I'm not saying a new expansion for Runewars is impossible, but it might be several years before it happens. Like the Shards expansion for TI3, coming out like 5 years after anything new happened to TI3.

Shards of the Throne, the TI3 expansion, had a few components for the races that were in "Shattered Empire"; If you only had Shards, though, you could still play it just fine, just take out those components, and some of the race techs for the new races so that everything was even.

If Theoretical Expansion For Runewars #2 had two new races with the "extra" units, I am sure they would differentiate them so that if you don't have Banners, you could set those extra components aside and everything is on an even playing field.

Personally I would do something like an Alliance of sorts, say Dwarves, Halflings & Gnomes with the Gnomes developing Clockwork War-Machines and the other side could be a great evil Shadow Lord who enslaves Neutrals to do his bidding and has an Army of Trolls, Orcs, Goblins and Evil Humans to build from.

While that combo seems to fit with "traditional" fantasy, I'm not sure the combo really fits with Terrinoth.

I'd love a 5-6 player expansion for this game as well, since my gaming group is almost always 5-6 people and rarely just 4.

Just a thought as well as the two new races this game needs!

Would be nice to get a new special strategy card for each of the races #9 with the undead getting one cool ability etc etc

what do you think?

A 5-6 player game would experience a lot of problems.The game is perfect as it is.

They could add more NEW Neutrals,More NEW General Cards, Scenarios, 1 NEW Lord(with special abilities,like bribing neutrals controlled by another player) for each faction which can be moved always on your turn, who could ¨heal¨ routed units for a price and buy NEW neutrals from NEW map tiles with NEW cities, all these with the NEW gold resource :) )

Just kiddin´..

I´d buy 5000 copies of this game too make it worthy for another expansion if this is what holds FFG back from it.(if I´d have the money). They could even sell me a 100$ big box full of chinese air and some tokens.

i own the base game and the expansion and i like it very much, too. but i honestly don't think this game needs or benefits from another expansion. the "banners of war" expansion added everything that was missing in the base game.

except maybe 2 more factions (though i'm not sure about that either) there simply isn't anything more meaningful to add to this game. with the one expansion released so far, i don't see how this game could seriously be improved, instead of adding nonsensical and more fiddly stuff. some games simply don't need 5 expansions, especially, when they are good already just the way they are.

on top of that, i am already spending too much money on descent. i am grateful that i don't need to spend more of my money on other games as well :lol:

Edited by aniedrig