Frightful Presence Overpowered?

By Fnipernackle, in Dark Heresy House Rules

so my question for everyone out there is how do you feel about frightful presence? its a minor power and one of my players took it and right now hes gonna average a fear rating of 3. thats to everyone who can see him and they get a -20 to their WP roll to resist it. the way its worded i dont see a reason other than nonfailed saves that the psyker with a MINOR power can make a whole room **** themselves and set them up for a coup de grace. the errata has nothing on this. any thoughts?

Fnipernackle said:

so my question for everyone out there is how do you feel about frightful presence? its a minor power and one of my players took it and right now hes gonna average a fear rating of 3. thats to everyone who can see him and they get a -20 to their WP roll to resist it. the way its worded i dont see a reason other than nonfailed saves that the psyker with a MINOR power can make a whole room **** themselves and set them up for a coup de grace. the errata has nothing on this. any thoughts?

If memory serves, the power targets everyone, including the psykers party.

Psykers who do that to co-workers generally won't live long. Make that clear to the Psyker and everyone else in the party. Killing psykers is religious doctrine to every player and NPC. Witch Hunters should be a constant and dread threat for any psyker. Working for the Inquisition doesn't mean anything to them.