A Rally Call: EXPAND This Game

By ragesteel, in DungeonQuest

For all those who've entered the dungeon and either lived or died and yearn for more simply reply to this thread saying I WANT AN EXPANSION!

My wife and kids love this game - its the most played game at our house right now and its a hoot.

So rally around and lets tell FFG this game deserves an expansion!!

Now to the dungeons (again!)

Totally agree there.

Count me in.

I would buy it, im still hoping for an expansion. i believe most of dungeonquest owners would buy an expansion.

Count me in. My DQ needs some more mischief.

I have to agree on this. As I grew up with the original Drakborgen version, this game holds a special place in my heart. However after playing the game a few times, it kind of looses its luster as you youve seen most of the cards. Please more stuff!

I also would really like an expansion. With no offense meant, I rather doubt that this thread can accomplish that, given how much FFG hits you over the head with "The Forums Are Not Intended To Allow Direct Communication With The Company," but one can hope….

A pity there so little replies to this thread. This great game deserves an expansion!

Count me in! This game is kicking us in the face everytime and it's cool! Need more face kicking!

I love this game… and I love the changes that FantasyFlight have made to the original formula (namely: card combat).

PLEASE: an expansion with:

• new board (ruinous city? haunted forest? evil sorcerer lair with haunted tower in the middle?)
  • new tiles, new characters, new monsters, new combat/power cards, new treasures (some might actually work as "power-ups" during the game)
  • MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: some new little game mechanic to enhance player interaction.

I believe that many people would love to buy such an expansion….I, for sure would do that :)

Yes please give us an expansion. Some better items in the search deck, some new characters, new tiles, better and revamped monster cards w/ new monster minis, and most of all, a reference sheet with all the tiles on it like Drakkon or Isla Dorada. Just for the record, I play solo alot and prefer the dice combat varient over the cards.

HellORC said:

• new board (ruinous city? haunted forest? evil sorcerer lair with haunted tower in the middle?)
  • new tiles, new characters, new monsters, new combat/power cards, new treasures (some might actually work as "power-ups" during the game)
  • MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: some new little game mechanic to enhance player interaction.

I believe that many people would love to buy such an expansion….I, for sure would do that :)

Meh. New tiles for the dungeon, sure, but I don't really feel the need for a new map board. This game is (and should remain IMHO) focused on the story of heroes trying to penetrate Kalladra's dungeon. If you want a more "free range" dungeon crawl game, that's what Descent is for - and the new edition is actually shaping up to be a reasonably thematic romp, too.

As for the rest of it, new stuff is always welcome as long as it doesn't make things any easier on the heroes. If an expansion were announced for this game, I would have to wait and hear the reviews before deciding to buy it. If there heroes have any better than a 1 in 3 chance of living, it's no good. =P

Steve-O said:

HellORC said:

Meh. New tiles for the dungeon, sure, but I don't really feel the need for a new map board. This game is (and should remain IMHO) focused on the story of heroes trying to penetrate Kalladra's dungeon. If you want a more "free range" dungeon crawl game, that's what Descent is for - and the new edition is actually shaping up to be a reasonably thematic romp, too.

As for the rest of it, new stuff is always welcome as long as it doesn't make things any easier on the heroes. If an expansion were announced for this game, I would have to wait and hear the reviews before deciding to buy it. If there heroes have any better than a 1 in 3 chance of living, it's no good. =P

lol, I too am all for a nigh-impossible adventure. That's what makes it such a fun game is my friends and I gather around and giggle as our greedy heroes seal their doom.

I'm not sure Descent would be the choice for free-range dungeon stomping compared to Dungeonquest's method of play. Then again, there probably isn't something similar in all ways. Perhaps something more like Dungeon Twister would be closer. I, too, don't really see a change of board or endgame objective doing much for DQ. It is what it is.

I think it would be cool if they made an expansion that adds more players, by creating Kalladra minions that move from the center out towards the other players. They would be anti-heroes, fallen heroes that entered in the past but never returned. Their goal could be to kill at least one player to earn the right to leave Kalladra's dungeon through one of the four towers.

I completely agree with OP. You have my axe!

I´m in. Really miss some of the stuff that as included in the swedish version.

Yes Please!!!

Expansion please!!!

I registered for this forum for the sole purpose of replying to this thread . . .

PLEASE put out an expansion (or 5) for this game! A big box expansion would be ideal (new tiles, more dice, new heroes, new monsters, expansion board?, hero mats? card mat?), but I'd also be down for some of the smaller expansions with 2-3 new heroes, new decks, new monsters, etc.

I play this game a LOT. Mind you, I love Descent and a lot of other games, but the relatively quick setup and play time of this game means it sees my table far more often than anything else. Easy solo rules make it playable all the time, and the rules are simple enough that even my wife will play.

I really hope we see an expansion or 5 for this game . . . It's a blast to play.

It would be great to have an expansion for this game.

magicstop said:

I registered for this forum for the sole purpose of replying to this thread . . .

PLEASE put out an expansion (or 5) for this game! A big box expansion would be ideal (new tiles, more dice, new heroes, new monsters, expansion board?, hero mats? card mat?), but I'd also be down for some of the smaller expansions with 2-3 new heroes, new decks, new monsters, etc.

I play this game a LOT. Mind you, I love Descent and a lot of other games, but the relatively quick setup and play time of this game means it sees my table far more often than anything else. Easy solo rules make it playable all the time, and the rules are simple enough that even my wife will play.

I really hope we see an expansion or 5 for this game . . . It's a blast to play.

I play the game so much it is easily one of my most worn games that merits a repurchase.

i really would like to see an expansion (… or better a few expansions) for this game. A print-on-demand expansion with more cards for almost all type of cards would be a perfect expansion.

Additional heroes would be cool to but not as necessary as simply more cards (perhaps some Descent Heroes crossovers (with or without the minis) like here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=186&efcid=1&efidt=594099 ).

I could actually see PoD character sheets for this game. Mansions of Madness PoD story and set-up sheets are around a similar size as the DQ character sheets. The question is if FFG would be willing to also make figures and a token for new characters, as well new cards that make variant decks.

Really, it would be best however if they just published a revision and decided to henceforth expand the game.

I don't know if the FFG english edition is the same as my Edge french edition (which was released well after the FFG one) but it includes some expansions from the earlier edition I think…like Catacombs and one other that I can't recall.

Anyways I'm still all in for expansions…at least one. Maybe add some new cards, room types, 2 new Heroes…a REALLY GREAT AND FUN combat system please…and maybe some other neat stuff that I can't think of lol.

What I want is that they keep the essence of this game: Hilariously chaotic unforeseen events!

Agreed, SolonnelBern, and yes, I believe the expansions from previous editions were included. The latest FFG edition does have a catacombs deck.