Peter pan

By jb2909, in Rules Discussions

Hello,

I read that peter pan does not negate barrel spider, what other text he doesn't negate?

Thank you

jb2909 said:

Hello,

I read that peter pan does not negate barrel spider, what other text he doesn't negate?

Thank you

Pan does not negate, Behemoth, Parasite Cage, Barrel Spider, Wyvern, Villians, or any other cards whose effect takes place out of battle.

he can't negate behemot?

jb2909 said:

he can't negate behemot?

No, he does not negate Behemoth

Behemoths effect takes place before the battle starts. If you choose to battle him, all friends must go and it's too late to stop it with Pan.

Parasite Cage has a [come into play] effect, so that can't be negated by Pan.

Wyvern and Pirate's efects apply at the end of the turn.

Barrel Spider's effect takes place as soon as the battle ends as he goes to the discard pile, so Pan can't stop him either.

All the Villians have "Continuous" effects. They lose the effect during the battle, but the only one who mentions a Magic Friend (and therefore applicable) is Hook, but he also says "No Pans," so it doesn't actually work :P

Broadway_Punk said:

Behemoths effect takes place before the battle starts. If you choose to battle him, all friends must go and it's too late to stop it with Pan.

Parasite Cage has a [come into play] effect, so that can't be negated by Pan.

Wyvern and Pirate's efects apply at the end of the turn.

Barrel Spider's effect takes place as soon as the battle ends as he goes to the discard pile, so Pan can't stop him either.

All the Villians have "Continuous" effects. They lose the effect during the battle, but the only one who mentions a Magic Friend (and therefore applicable) is Hook, but he also says "No Pans," so it doesn't actually work :P

If you can find a way to keep Pan on the field (I think Cage'd he would come back, because he's in Cage and he's not play, he's put back into play), then it would work but this a 3/100 chance or something that you have the timing right.

I must admit that deciding when Peter Pan's ability is applicable is something that I do struggle with. What would be a good example of an effect that only takes place during a battle? (I'm probably going to feel like an idiot once I am answered). :P

zombiegod13 said:

I must admit that deciding when Peter Pan's ability is applicable is something that I do struggle with. What would be a good example of an effect that only takes place during a battle? (I'm probably going to feel like an idiot once I am answered). :P

Wright Knight, Gargoyle, Air Soldier, Fat Bandit, Angel Star, Stealth Sneak, & Invisible are Heartless who have effects that ONLY mean anything during battle, but there might be others based rulings that I as of now don't know.

zombiegod13 said:

If it negates X-type damage, you can assume that Pan picks it off.