Just played my first game and I have a couple of questions.

By Zogwort, in Fury Of Dracula

Hey all,

I just got this game over the weekend and played it for the 1st time with my wife. We had a blast! But, there were a few things that confused us and I couldn't find in the rules how to properly resolve our issues. I't was most likely because we were up so late playing my brain stopped working right lol!

The 1st thing was the time track... does the day/night token ever stop on the spokes that are on the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions (where one says "new day" and the other is blank) or are there only 3 day spots and 3 night spots on the time track?

2nd question: Does combat end when either a Hunter or Dracula run out of cards to play? If not, how does combat work when one of the players do not have a card to play?

3rd: If combat between a Hunter and Dracula ends, but no one is defeated (both Dracula and the Hunter are still alive) what happens?

4th: Regarding escape cards: The bat escape cards specifies that Dracula can move up to two cites but the other escape cards didn't say anything about movement. Where does the character who played the escape card go if the escape card does not specify where they can move?

I'm sure if I re-read the rulebook with a fresh set of eyes the game will be clearer... but I thought while I'm stuck at work I'll pose my questions to the experts.

Thanks!

I am no expert you are looking for, but I think that I know answers to all your questions - and yes if you wold re-red the rulebook you could answer them by yourself :)

1: Time track never stops on the 9 or 3 o'clock. It has 3 day and 3 night spots to be at, no more no less.

2: You can never run out of the combat cards. In firs tound you plays your first card, then in second round you plaays your second card, and then befor third round you are taking back your first card leaving only the second you have played. And that is how you continue your fight, so yourcombat cards hand size is alwyas one card short, no more.

3: Nothing happens. The combat have ended, the turn is over. If it is other hunter turn he can come by and fight Dracula. If the Dracula player is next he can escape by moving out of the city or he can stay and try to bite down the hunter :)

4: Only the escape bat allows to move. Other cards effect is combat ends and how it is done I answered in previous question.

Thanks!

Its slow at work today, so I have the opportunity to read the rulebook online, but now I have one other question.

If cards without an initiative number can't be played in combat (they are just in your hand to act as a bluffing mechanic) then how does the Hunter play Garlic?

Exactly as it says. You are playing it before combat or at the start of the combat - I dont have that card in front of me so I can't say exact words. Basically it is not played as combat card - let's say that other cards are strikes and this is effect like some event cards - but to adjust combat at all.