My table setup, show me yours!

By Psykostevo, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

No html for you. lolz.

Here is a recent setup that my boy and I designed after picking up Operation Cyclone. We've only been playing since Christmas so my armies still need a lot of work, and I only just found the cut-out barricades thanks to this thread!

We've found that playing at Sci-Fi City in Orlando offers much more space than my dining room table gran_risa.gif !

Enjoy!

540053_3769073186595_1269669114_3683933_

I really like this table the rocket looks awesome too!

adlerhobby said:

Actually, it is a submarine.

Gothik said:

adlerhobby said:

Dust in space? ;)

Our yesterdays` game, "Four Horsemen" from Operation Cerberus. Epic, fierce battle - won by Axis, but mostly due to succesfull rolls of Kommandotrupp (5 hits out of 7 rolls!).

2012-04-19-036.jpg

2012-04-19-033.jpg

That was indeed a good game. But all in all taking 2 Fireballs while Axis took none hvy walkers was kind of a tactical mistake;)

Lska said:

Gothik said:

adlerhobby said:

Dust in space? ;)

Why not? I could see a "Return of the VK Aliens" type of game... Then again, maybe not.

BUT, any chance of that submarine being available for download?

Right - this is what I played yesterday with my buddy (custom made scenario, made by myself):

seizeground250.jpg

And this is how it looked like life:

dscf5740l.jpg

(don't mind the blue block near Allied deployment zone - my friends 3,5 year old son decided to place there his own objective :D )

I run this lists:

1st BATTLE:

- Lara

- Grenadier X

- Stefan

- Heavy Laser Grenadiers

- Zombies

- Recon Grenadiers

- Sturmpioniere

- Kommandotrupp

- Beobachter

- Lothar

Opponent had (as far as I remember)

- Rhino

- Chef

- Hammerers

- 2x Hell Boys

- 2x Mickey

- Grim Reapers

- Foxtrot

- Snipers

I won this game - at the 7th round opponent surrendered - he had one Mickey left (too far from my contested objective) and I had Kommandotrupp, Lothar and Sturmpioniere on the objective.

Observations:

- zombies died fighting Rhino and Hammerers... zero wound inflicted and s**t load of Damage Resilient rolls unsaved...

- Lara with H.Laser Grenadiers is a beast unit. According to my opponent overpowered although I know how to tackle them if I had to play Allied side.

- Stefan with Sturmpioniere is nice unit yet usually one time use. Quick Assault on something, pray for good damage rolls and then suffer a counterstrike. Still like them a lot.

2nd BATTLE:

I decided to run similar list, just exchange Grenadier and Zombies with Hans, Loth and second Beobachter.

Opponent run i think this:

- Rhino

- Chef

- Hammerers

- Hell Boys

- BBQ Squad

- 2x Hot Dog

- Steel Rain

- Foxtrot

However I suffered initial loses (Hans, Beobachter, Lara and Grenadiers) I was able to win thanks to wellmoved second Beobachter and calling Artillery Strike (poor Chef and his BBQ squad...) and loads of luck with Stefan and Sturmpioniere (thanks to re-activation orders from Kommandotrupp).

Observations:

- Chef and BBQ/Hellboys are nasty, very nasty stuff...

- Loth... FAST baby, FAST... otherwise worthless... sorry to say that...

Anyway we had a good time, only my friend start to moan how the game is unbalanced (again...) and couldn't understand that he must learn how to play with Allied troops.

He states that Axis are more mobile than his troops thanks to Assault skill of my Heroes and Damage Resilient (I used the skill, jump out on the open space, fire, destroy and cannot be destroyed in the response). I told him it's not truth and even prepared an alternative list he can play against me but...

Well, we'll see.

Few pics more as I see the previous was trimmed a bit:D

dscf5743q.jpg

dscf5740l.jpg

The best way to deal with your defeatest friend is to play again and swop sides using the same forces as before

Major Mishap said:

The best way to deal with your defeatest friend is to play again and swop sides using the same forces as before

Well I'm gonna force my friend to replay the game but this time I'll play Allied with 'little' modifications:

- OZZ

- Bazooka Joe

- 2x Hell Boys

- Grim Reapers

- Tank Busters

- 2x Hell Boys

- 2x Foxtrot

- Mickey

- Steel Rain

(option: swap one Hell Boys for another Mickey - I love this walker...)

Ozz with Busters, Joe with one Hell Boys squad - gonna be fun :D

Major Mishap said:

Don't beat him too bad, though. Some people that are like that really don't like getting beat 'the way they shoulda played it'. Like someone said elsewhere, try to discuss the battle afterwards and figure out where you both could've played better.

Also, is that an orange d8 on the center terrain piece? round counter?

Yeah - dice on the center terrain was a round counter.

Blackhawk FTW! I killed so much units i will consider it in my next battle! :D

You mean Blackhawk WTF?!?

Nice towers : )

And really Balckhawk, WTF, I mostly use it as a mobil wall to protect lighter infantry. Maybe I underestimate the "Ugly-Chicken".

For the most time it was: There are batter things to kill so inf runned around zombies included and he shoot at them while they were busy killing other stuff;)

Hey guys I'm new here and I'm very impressed about your setups, gonna try a setup myself and share with you just to get an opinion :D

haffun. jocuri puzzle

jocuri logice

My first attempt at 3D Dust Tactics table

img7545o.jpg

img7538h.jpg

Hi, you want to try photo bucket instead, my PC had a fit with all the popup ads til Mcafee blocked it.