B3 All Makoto, Argo Build, Critique and Help! (Also can someone fix the edit button?)

By Navitude, in UFS Deck Building

.Makoto.

Actions: 7
4x Kung-Fu Training
3x Tag Along

Asset: 3
3x Ancient Training Ground

Attacks: 14
3x Seichusen-Godanzuki
3x Kuzuryu Reppa
4x Naruto
4x Chikemuri Kuruwa

Foundations: 36
3x Bitter Rivals
3x Fight or Flight
4x Chester's Backing
3x Antisocial
3x Psycho Style
4x Searching for a Real Challenge
3x The Tae Kwon Do Zephyr
3x Tough Outer Shell
3x Unorthodox Training
3x Saikyo-ryu
4x Financial Distress

Build foundations for the first two turns and damage redux attacks using Makoto's E and Ancient Training Ground. Play attacks to deal damage, using Fight or Flight and Searching for a Real Challenge for boosting, and drawing cards. Using Seichusen-Godanzuki and Kuzuryu Reppa usually kills turn 2-3 depending while Naruto and Chikemuri Kuruwa draw you to at least ten cards. If you don't kill then empty your hand through Unorthodox Training and Saikyo-ryu so that you can use Makoto's E for damage redux. If you can not, then Psycho Style your opponents attack commiting as much as you can, and with the help of Ancient Training Ground you should be able to activate Financial Distress for even better redux. Tag Along attacks to keep the pressure up, and Bitter Rival annoying finishers from your opponents hand or use it to pass your attacks through. The Tae Kwon Do Zephyr saves your attacks from Holding Ground and Rejection, while Tough Outer Shell gains you life when you need it and at the same time empties your hand. Chester's Backing hasn't been tested, but I hope that the R helps a little. Anyways this deck has one alot of matchs within my play group, however most of us play Block 2, as in up to Cutting Edge. If you could please give me any thoughts on to how this plays out in Block 3 and any suggestions on how to make it better please post. Thanks!

how does this deck fair against control? it seems like if someone is beating you badly in the foundation war, then phsyco style and discard aren't enough.

I don't think you'll see as much use out of Saikyo-ryu with that hand size, even with the amount of card draw. I'd consider looking at Powerful Style instead, or possibly running Feral Cunning to draw more cards.

Looking at some of the other decks and the current meta, it seems that I will be in trouble. I only play like three cards per turn, however I also built this deck so it does not hurt if I over extend, which I do everyturn. My play group, pretty much plays for fun and we usually don't build really competitive or T1-2 decks. If I do verse a control deck I have to say I am pretty much dead unless I can get Financial Distress . I am going to try and rebuild this deck, so any tips, tricks, and suggestions and I'll pretty much take it.

Saikyo-ryu works really well actually. The hand size is pretty bad but my card draw helps out with it. I admit that sometimes I get stuck and can't really do anything. For the most part, my damage redux seems to cover up for when I can't draw, but I am realizing that I need more. I already have alot of 4 cc's and I will try Feral Cunning, but any suggestions on what to drop?

Are you going to go through enough of your deck to make Tag Along useful? It's hard to justify more than 6-7 actions in a 5-HS deck. I'd be tempted to replace it and sideboard Tag Along.

I'm still not sold on Saikyo-ryu and Unorthodox Training. Are you really able to empty your opponent's entire hand? If not, I'd still look other places and try to just build on what the deck wants to do, which is draw lots and lots of cards.

I would run Finaical distress. such a great card.

Try running 4 tough outers if you can, because as we found out at UK SF nats, it works too well with makoto being able to draw and then gain the life back from the hit.

I personally don't think saikyo-ryu is a good card to use in makoto because if the opponent has any form of draw power to get back blocks (lizardman, gorgeous team etc.) or doesn't need a block like say tira's contract or damage redux they will just let you keep discarding and you'll run out of cards because they'll block everything.

In terms of defense, have you thought of running make a difference? Underrated card that one.

Well for some reason I can't edit my own posts so heres a new list... Well here's a more agro version... I'll play test tonight and tomarrow... No idea how this is going to work.

.Makoto. All

Actions: 4

4x Kung-Fu Training

Assets: 3

3x Ancient Training Ground

Attacks: 16

4x Seichusen-Godanzuki

4x Kuzuryu Reppa

4x Naruto

4x Chikemuri Kuruwa

Foundations: 36

4x Flight or Fight