reference sheets

By ClanNatioy2, in Battlelore

I find that the information cards don't work that well and are annoying to find the information you need on them. I would much prefer if battlelore had reference sheets similar to the ones for commands and colors ancients and napoleonics. Does anyone know if there are fan made reference sheets for the different races that I can download and print out?

I don't know of any existing fan made reference sheets in the style of GMT's C&C games, but would be easy enough to make them. Not sure that I will have the time to take to make them any time soon, but maybe I'll put a hand to it. They won't look very pretty, but should be relatively easy to spruce them up once the data is present.

You might want to check Universal Head's refsheet for Battlelore:

www.headlesshollow.com/freebies_games.html

Maybe it's a bit too long to be called a "sheet" (12 pages) but it's certainly much more practical than the rulebook.

srcabeza said:

You might want to check Universal Head's refsheet for Battlelore:

www.headlesshollow.com/freebies_games.html

Maybe it's a bit too long to be called a "sheet" (12 pages) but it's certainly much more practical than the rulebook.

Thanks for that link. Its pretty good it's just missing the special abilities of some units like the hyena riders, bear riders, ogres and a few others. But I'll probably use these sheets for now.

What I did, and this works really well, is purchase some sheets for a three-ring binder, like those used to display baseball cards. I just slid my cards into these sheets, organized by section, such as a sheet or two with all the weapon cards, a few sheets with the cards for the different types of units and creatures and dragons, a few sheets with all the terrain cards, etc. When I play I have this book sitting next to the table and if I need to reference something, I just flip to the appropriate section and check the card real quick. If I can't recall how the wood wyvern's special attack works, for example, I just flip to the section containing the cards for different units and I see what it says about the wood wyvern's special attack. This really streamlined things for me. Prior to each game you don't have to go through a big stack of crads, picking out the ones you need...they're all in the book ready for quick reference at anytime.