So..

By JimmieD, in Fan Creations

So i was intrigued by this game, so i picked it up, after reading the rulebook, and due to the fact that i absolutely love everything Lovecraftian.

So i ask this community, I'm pretty much going to love this game aren't I?

Yes,you will love it but you have to really give yourself a few games to get the feel of how much you will love it!!

Dont be overwhelmed by the rules and just play it the best you can.

I know when I first played we screwed up some things so dont except it to go perfectly but most importantly,have fun!!

Good Luck!!

I have to agree with diablo, give it a few games. The first game you might be slightly overehelmed and not completely see the greatness in the game. After a few plays some of the fiddliness of the game becomes more and more clear and you can get deep into the theme, which this game just oozes.

Don't worry too much if you mess up a few rules, I know my first couple games I made quite a few mistakes. Just have some fun :)

I'd recommend to play a couple of solo games before inviting friends to give it a try.

For me it took three games to memorize the (important) rules.

After that rare corner cases are easily sorted out by posting to the rules section of this forum.

The good thing about the game is that it also appeals to gamers that have never heard about the Cthulhu Mythos.

So far everyone I introduced to the game liked it - most liked it a lot.

However, a friend bought the game based on my recommendation and gave it a try with a couple of friends without having read the rules or playing a test game. They quickly became frustrated and decided the game was too complicated and not worth their time.

So, I'm pretty sure you'll love the game - just be careful when introducing it to others.