Basic Question - Hunters Attacking the Count

By LETE, in Fury Of Dracula

Hiyas:

(Please, if this has already been answered, kindly point me in the right direction...)

A basic question:
If I'm reading this right, Hunter(s) cannot attack Drac directly, (barring special Events/situations); meaning that, they can't go to/be in Drac's location & just Attack him in their Action Step. Only Drac can Attack Hunter(s) directly, right?

& the only way they can Attack Drac in a Hunter's own turn is when defeating an Agent, not defeating an Encounter, right?

Thanks!

L

LETE said:

Hiyas:

(Please, if this has already been answered, kindly point me in the right direction...)

A basic question:
If I'm reading this right, Hunter(s) cannot attack Drac directly, (barring special Events/situations); meaning that, they can't go to/be in Drac's location & just Attack him in their Action Step. Only Drac can Attack Hunter(s) directly, right?

& the only way they can Attack Drac in a Hunter's own turn is when defeating an Agent, not defeating an Encounter, right?

Thanks!

L

Always played this way: if a Hunter enters a location on Dracula's trail, he first has to resolve the Encounter on that card and then, if the Encounter doesn't make his turn to be stopped, he's allowed to enter combat with Dracula. Otherwise, it'd be almost impossible to kill the Vampire. A FAQ entry, saying that whenever Dracula is in the location a Hunter just entered in, then the Hunter cannot rest, resupply, nor trade, seems to confirm this.

Julia said:

A FAQ entry, saying that whenever Dracula is in the location a Hunter just entered in, then the Hunter cannot rest, resupply, nor trade, seems to confirm this.

Why, J? It read (to moi) that since Drac's in the location, the Hunter is prohibited from doing these things, period. It doesn't confirm that the Hunter can Attack D if there is no Agent Encounter & then if said Hunter hasn't defeated it, like it states in the rules (the Fighting to get to Drac" header).

Did I explain myself clearly or was I too convoluted? sonrojado.gif

Thanks for the input!

L

LETE said:

Why, J? It read (to moi) that since Drac's in the location, the Hunter is prohibited from doing these things, period. It doesn't confirm that the Hunter can Attack D if there is no Agent Encounter & then if said Hunter hasn't defeated it, like it states in the rules (the Fighting to get to Drac" header).

Did I explain myself clearly or was I too convoluted? sonrojado.gif

Indeed, you've been very clear on your point, but still, try to figure out this situation.

There is nothing forcing Dracula to enter a city with an investigator, nor to play a Servant. In this way, he cannot lose a game, and the game would be completely broken.

Besides, there are many occasions in which we read "no more encounters, including Dracula".

Not to mention that it'd be a non-sense that a Hunter, hunting for Dracula, cannot fight Dracula as soon as he reaches his location. What kind of Hunter would he be then?

Hi:

A "by-the-rules" Hunter... angel.gif

...The game spells it simply: Only Drac can Attack directly. He's compelled, he must.

L

(Unless somewhere states otherwise)

LETE said:

Where are you reading this, cannot attack Dracula directly ?

Hi:

In the rules for the Hunters, under the Action header, there are only so many options, like Search, Resupply & Rest, etc. There is no mention of an "Attack Action." Drac, however, has this as an "option" (he must attack if there's a Hunter in his location), under his own Action header. This is repeated in the Hunter's & Drac's "Play" cards.

L

LETE said:

Hi:

In the rules for the Hunters, under the Action header, there are only so many options, like Search, Resupply & Rest, etc. There is no mention of an "Attack Action." Drac, however, has this as an "option" (he must attack if there's a Hunter in his location), under his own Action header. This is repeated in the Hunter's & Drac's "Play" cards.

L

Of all places, page 2 of the booklet may alleviate your question: "On a Hunter's turn, he may first move to a new location. If that location contains an encounter, the Hunter must face it and deal with its effects. If Dracula is in the location, the Hunter must battle the Count ..."

This rulebook could have been better. I just posted about a diagram dilemma with Wolf Form, and some rules are just all over the place. Still, I cannot wait to pick this game up.

I hope this helps.