Just out of curiosity

By Burnhamalive, in Arkham Horror League

Dam said:

If we're talking about the Dragon's Eye, then it works with location and gate cards. If you look at the contents of AH, you'll note 63 Location cards (so 7 per 9 neighborhoods), 67 Mythos and 49 Gate cards (those being the OW encounter deck).

Heh... Good thing someone else checked. I always use it for Arkham which is probably why I couldn't remember if it allowed you to draw different gate cards.

Thanks for the clarific, ation about Gate cards.

About Kate : adding a doom token on the doom track happens before actually putting the gate in play. So I don't think she prevents that from happening. Besides, it would make her a tad more powerfull than she's supposed to be, if players know which locations are the most common gate spawn points (The Witch House, Independence Square, Hibb's Roadhouse...).

Aureliano said:

Thanks for the clarific, ation about Gate cards.

About Kate : adding a doom token on the doom track happens before actually putting the gate in play. So I don't think she prevents that from happening. Besides, it would make her a tad more powerfull than she's supposed to be, if players know which locations are the most common gate spawn points (The Witch House, Independence Square, Hibb's Roadhouse...).

Errr, Kate isn't an extremely powerful character, even if you camp her in a spot with high frequency gates (after all, there are four of them). If you make her ability add a doom token every time it is activated it's worse than if you didn't have it at all (because it will speed up the doom track). Kate's card text has been typically understood to work this way. As for the exact text of the rulebook on page nine, the rulebook is notorious for being badly written, especially in combination with other cards. There's a reason why there is an F.A.Q. teeming with questions. I'm pretty sure the "first add a doom token" bit is just to prevent players from forgetting to put on doom tokens and wasn't written with Kate in mind. If you want, you can add it to the F.A.Q. (in fact, I think I will right now, just to prevent this question from popping up in the future).