Anarchy and Champ's Private Super Smash Bros. Brawl Disscussion (Because nobody else talks about it, or what this used to be, which was Nintendo's line-up, so...yeah, you get the point, why is this title so long?)

By TheChampIsHere, in Odds & Ends

peach lost some power in brawl but still has some of her old tricks, pikachu is usually a constant at tournys cuz once again hes so easy to play and win with theres no skill involved, my next big brawl tourny prolly wont be until gencon this year and im curious to see the line up

Peach has been weakened and overall worsened since Melee in my opinoin...this angers me greatly, seeing as everyone that was really good in Melee was down graded. Marth, Shiek, Peach, and Falco were some of the best in Melee, all of them were down graded except Falco. No, instead Falco got a chain grab...I mean come on, that is so unfair...the only problems I have with Falco, is you can either be good at him or cheap with him, often I meet a lot of cheap Falco's...and don't even get me started on his final smash...oh god...

final smashes are a whole different story i hate them to be honest i like fair competetive play. but giving falco the chain grab was kinda a blance seeing as how they took away the power and consistancy of his spike, in melee shdl into shine ended with spike was instant death but now you have to work a little harder to get the spikes timing and alot of the time i find myself killing with a smash. shiek lost her chain grab marth lost some power and even falco lost a little bit of strength. i find myself missing his round house kick but im stuck with the doulbe wing strike, and his forward air just seems too laggy and inconsistant even his kick out shine can be a nuisance

Shiek now relys on combos to win, Peach was made really suxish, but I still love my Peachy Keen...I never use Final Smashes except for fun...I don't really play competitively, I went to an anime convention, and I met this one kid who got so made after I beat him, he kept trying to challenge me to a tournment style match, one-on-one...I didn't do it, and I dubbed him "Mr. Pouty-von-shnouser"

yeah i had a kid try to give me tips on how to play after i beat him after he was done telling me how to be better i just nodded and said "who won again?" and walked away. i like the way this thread has turned into yours and mines brawl discussion thread champ lol. i like to keep mdk as a secondary just incase im forced to play him in a meta heavy tourny or falco isnt unlocked( god i hate when that happens) me and my friends play everyweek for good amounts of time to keep in practice, cant wait for anopther tourny.

Do you have wifi? If so, you can pratice Super Smash Bros. Lag...the lag is incredibly bad, but if you have it, maybe we can play sometime...just make sure you don't spam your Falco gun, and I won't spam Zelda's Din Fire, which can be easily spammed...honestly, I do not like MetaKnight...he is fast and quite powerful, but an Ike can basically always win...if you know how to use him.

Ike is now apparently under the broken characters list, along with Pit, R.O.B, and MetaKnight...don't know how, but he is...

Gonna poke my nose in here 'n throw around a cent or two's worth of thoughts.

Thought 1 : I like Lucas . Though, no one else will see it, I find him like many find other characters to be: broken. And my friends absolutely hate it whenever I play him. They find his up-smash rediculously long 'n wide, 'n certainly hate it whenever they're goin after the smash ball 'n I can reach it with a simple PK Thunder. They also hate it when I play combos with him. Lucas is a fine character that, though he may be slightly slow, can certainly kick anyone around with ease if played right.

Thought 2 : I like Ice Climbers . They are absolutely awesome as can be, due to the fact that there's two of them. I've been saved from many smash attacks due to my secondary takin the hit for me, while I escape. Also with two of them, there's double the attack power. In the homerun contest, I didn't like how the computer was able to cause massive damage against the sandbag, 'n no one could even come close to the computer's record. I came in with Ice Climbers, 'n after a few tried, not only broke the record, but made an impossible record to beat. I've been tryin since to duplicate the effect, but with no avail. The Ice Climbers are a pair of powerhouses if played right.

Thought 3 : Yoshi is a tank. I've heard so many people hate playin as Yoshi, that one day, I decided to play purely as Yoshi. I aggrivated so many people, it started becomin hillarious. Yoshi has a third jump, despite what people believe. Yes, it's an egg toss, but there have been times that a couple more inches up can save Yoshi's life. Yoshi also is a beatstick. With his air down attack, he trounces the opponent, causin their damage to skyrocket. Land 'n quickly smash them away, 'n you cause massive damage. The one downside to Yoshi is his egg roll move. Unlike Jigglypuff, Yoshi's roll attack is a nuisance to control sometimes, 'n is hardly effective.

Thought 4 : C-stick spammin is only for people who don't know how to play, or don't wish to play a fair fight. Learn with a Wii-mote, since the game is on a Wii. Can't stand it? Tough cookies. Don't play cheap. enfadado.gif

Thought 5 : I only made comments due to the newfound title. In other words:

partido_risa.gif I iz in yur pryvit chat, makn a responz! partido_risa.gif

in resonse to what you said, lucas used to be one of my favorites his up smash though laggy boasts great range and great power, his pk fire is more annoying and spams better then ness's. still dont see peoples fasination with ice climbers ive never met anyone i couldnt beat playing them. while yoshi is a beat stick hes a suck stick in everything else laggy moves the crappy egg toss recovery a projectile that is lagged and has crappy aiming functions in melee he was the second to worst character in the game(mewtwo was last) and now hes bottom of the low teir as link and captain falcon make up the bottom teir. i will say this though no one does better at home run contest then yoshi so thats something for him. C-stick is not cheap its the majority of the way people play because wii mote and wii mote nunchuk are very difficult to get used to and c stick allows for better comboing and smoother game play. playing cheap is pikachu's down smash into thunder, playing cheap is Meta Knight's invisibility cape glitch, playing cheap is DDD's infinite grab on 5 different characters, c-sticking is what this game was made for.

i like the new room champ and yeah i got wifi but that lag really hurts the game. i would still play you online for fun though always looking for fresh players to play

On wifi, it is a whole new experience...you could have the worst player verses the best, and honestly, you'll probly get nowhere...I'll post my friend code later...

alright cool, champ

About the gravity, can't that be made faster by going into special brawl and making gravity stronger? I haven't played in a while, so I may be wrong.

I can, but some people don't like having to go into that everytime...and in high gravity, it is faster than Melee's gravity, there is just no way getting around it...and it makes me sad...I want a muffin!

hey anarchy! You sound like you really know what your talking about with competitive smash ... so you still play melee or only brawl? I started another topic for melee and for my tournament ... you should look into comming to it...some of the best in Canada and the US are going to be there :)

ah i have not picked up melee since brawl id prolly be very rusty falco doesnt play the same in that game but i will take a look

Out of curiousity, will Ken be there? He is rusty I know, because he hasn't played in a while, but if he does pick it back up, I know he'll win, hence he is still the best Melee player in the world...

kens not the best right now at all its m2k easily is the best ... ive heard some people say PC chris after that ... there is a big EC tourny that same weekend and m2k and PCchris are going to be there along with Mango (Another really really high ranked player) ... For my torny though I do have Eggz who is up there ... hes not the best but he is definetly very very good...and mi working on getting bam, who, last I heard, was the best n Canada :) Word

I heard Mango beat m2k's fox with his Jiggs, though, I could be wrong angel.gif ...m2k would destroy ken now in marth ditto's or his fox

m2k is defintly very very good! until that EC tourny m2k was accually thinking about comming to Flatzone... :| stupid big tournies stealing my people :( I didnt know that mango beat m2k ... all i know is i dont really like playing jiggs :P lol them peach vs jiggly matches take way to looong lol but were a sick team!

me and kiro played some great games last night and i wanna play more people so if you guys leave your friend codes we can all get some games going!

my friend code is 2277-7600-0687, IM me at SpiegelXSpike when you wanna get a game going

I posted mine somewhere is this lot of Super Smash threads...wow, I started one small one, and now there are like 4 out...yay...

i have yours champ i just need you to confirm mine

...I'll try to do it as soon as possible.

Also, my brother and his friend take some funny pics in Brawl and Melee...they go by the name Twisted Gamers on Youtube...just type in Brawl funny pics if you want to see them... : )

Mwahahahahah!

Lucas pwns all!!

People online must really be annoy'd with me playin as him... they just can't beat me! Vwoot!

Acutally, I don't know if you believe tiers or not, but Lucas is very low on it...and I believe some parts, in the tourneys I've went too, I've seen few Lucas', and if I did see one, they did not go far....

Another reason people must hate versing you, may not be you, but actually the lag in the game...because the lag is outrageous....