Expansions?

By player781234, in Battles of Napoleon

I was wondering if there is any updates on the support. I have and love this game and would certainly be interested.

Nexus, the company that produced the game, stopped its activities few months ago.

Waiting for someone else that pciks up the license to produce it again. If not, no more add-on for this game will be issued unfortunately.

From my side, I try to make few new scenarii for the game. Not so easy.

I found few interesting things about Napoleon's battles but I have a problem with the scale of that game.

I believe that we can consider this :

- 150/200 infantry mens per figure

- 150 cavalry riders per figure

- 8 Cannons per set

If someone else has an idea, please post.

Olivier Rosseeuw said:

I believe that we can consider this :

- 150/200 infantry mens per figure

- 150 cavalry riders per figure

- 8 Cannons per set

I think that sounds about right. One unit is a battalion, a unit group is about a brigade in size, and the whole force is more or less a division.

Any idea how to handle orders in multi-division games? What does the corps commander do?

KlausFritsch said:

Any idea how to handle orders in multi-division games? What does the corps commander do?

I suppose that he can be part of the Command Chain. The other commaders should be In Command to send orders.

He can help to recover unit from Rout Status (given a bonus to the unit like +1 or things like this ...)

He can provide the other commanders with a bonus for their Order dispatch dice rolls.

You can as well start to introduce Supply in your game for artillery ; be sure that your artillery units are in command before firing ....

What do you think ?

Olivier Rosseeuw said:

You can as well start to introduce Supply in your game for artillery ; be sure that your artillery units are in command before firing ....

For this, I would like to introduce divisional and corps supply wagons. Of course these would only have a significant effect in longer games.

Batteries within the supply radius of a supply train could receive additional ammunition markers. Maybe we could also limit how much a supply train could carry.

In case anyone is wondering Roberto Di Meglio has stated that Ares games is in talks with possibly picking this game up from the now defunct Nexus. Nothing is concrete but Robert used to be a lead guy at Nexus (he's now a lead guy at Ares Games) before it all went to hell and his brother is a Co-designer of Battles of Napoleon. So there's a strong possibility that they may get it reprinted and expand on it. He also says the games was more successful than most think but because it came out when Nexus was fallign apart it never got the support it was due.

I personally think these guys can get it and will. They got War of the Ring from nexus and there's no reason they can't get a beautiful game like Napoleon as well.

Great News !

I hope that this game will reborn from the dead Nexus.

If someone got any other news, please post.

Thanks and Good Game !