The Witch King

By goblin981, in The Lord of the Rings - Print on Demand

After you kill the Witch King does he go to the discard pile? It seems wrong that he would because it means he could come out again.

To the best of my knowledge, yes, that's what happens.

Considering that you can't really kill a Nazgul (given what we have in the game), it's only reasonable that the Witch King could come back again.

I hate to disagree, but it is definitely possible to kill the Witch King. I always do (or lose). Gimli with some wounds and a couple Khazad Khazads can do the trick pretty nicely.

Joeyman said:

I hate to disagree, but it is definitely possible to kill the Witch King. I always do (or lose). Gimli with some wounds and a couple Khazad Khazads can do the trick pretty nicely.

I think dborean means within the realm of lore (story, not sphere), but we have Eowyn, so I'm not sure.

"Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man shall he fall." So, yes he's supposed to keep coming back (just like the Nazgul did when Elrond drowned them in the river). There should be a card called "No living man am I! You look upon a woman!" that removes him from the game, but they're probably saving that for the battle of Minas Tirith saga expansion.

Anyway, until the final battle, when Eowyn kills the Witch King, the Nazgul cannot die. Just like Sauron, you can set them back or discorporate them, but they always come back.

I won without killing him - it's not necessarily impossible. How do you play tactics alone? I lose every time. With dwarves?