Machine Guns and Anti-Tank Ability Question

By player1093033, in Tide of Iron

A friend and I have a difference of opinion concerning Machine Guns and the Anti-Tank Token. The token states that this squad should recieve a +3 to its anti tank range and an extra +3 to the attack dice. With this said, then machine guns then have a range of 6 against tanks and attack at a 5. This does not even take into consideration of possibly putting two machine guns in one squad. This would mean that the range is 6 and the firepower is 7 (on par with a sherman tank). My friend says this is incorrect or an oversight. I have always considered a machine gun crew to be considered more of a heavy weapons platoon and thus have more powerful anti-tank weapons. So, should the machine gun really have a range against tanks of 6 and have the +3 to its firepwoer?

Yemzpoopoo said:

The token states that this squad should recieve a +3 to its anti tank range...

Ops! The rules state " Armor-Piercing Weaponry: In all attacks against a vehicle
(even when supporting an attack) a squad with anti-tank specialization
has a base range value of 3 and +3 firepower".

You cannot place a specilization ability on a squad with a heavy infanteri weapon. Thus, an anti-tank MG gun is not allowed.

Grand Stone said:

You cannot place a specilization ability on a squad with a heavy infanteri weapon. Thus, an anti-tank MG gun is not allowed.

... which is a good thing. because the game does not need flamethrowing mortar-teams.

gui%C3%B1o.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... FLAME THROWING MORTAR TEAMS WERE THE CORNER STONE OF ALL MY DEFENSES!!!!