Movement Characteristic vs. Movement Points

By DHFrew3, in Tannhauser

I'm suspect this has come up before or is in the Rules, but I can't find it and it just came up in a game. The Rules state that:

< At the beginning of a character’s activation, that character receives a number of movement points equal to his Movement characteristic (see diagram on page 11). Each movement point allows that character to move from his current movement circle to an adjacent movement circle. >>

If a character has not yet expended all of his Movement points, but suffers wounds during his action resulting in a lowered Movement characteristic, may he continue moving based on the original number of Movement points that he started the activation with, or does the number of Movement points drop with the lowered Movement characteristic during a single character's activation?

I contend that the Movement points are awarded at the beginning of the activation based on the Movement characteristic's value at that time, but are then independent of the Movement characteristic for the rest of the activation.

My opponent feels that the lowered Movement characteristic reflects the effect of being wounded and should result in lowered Movement points immediately upon receiving ther wound.

Does anyone know for sure what the answer is?

Thanks,

Don Frew

Yours, just for the reason you said...

Based on a strict interpitation of the quoted rule, I'd have to agree with you, that move points are not instantly affected.