$36 shipping to Australia?! What the?

By Boromir_and_kermit, in Death Angel

G'day guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone else from Australia has bought the new Tyranid POD pack from FFG's online store?

I went to grab it then and it was going to charge me $36 to get it shipped (that was the cheapest option)!! What is going on that it is so expensive? Does anyone know of any other options for Australians to purchase this pack? That shipping is totally insane for 40 odd cards.

Cheers,
Ben.

That does seem excessive. I just checked the cost of sending a box (maximum of 4 lbs) from US to AUS using USPS and it is $16.95.

I guess shipping and handling helps cover their overall costs.

If you can find someone in the US that you trust you can have them order it, and send it to you through the US Postal Service, UPS, or Fedex if that's cheaper. If I'm correct, their offices are on the Eastern Seaboard of the United states, so half a world away from Australia.

I have the same issue for UK postage, $40 postage for a ~$10 pack of card! FF seems to have reduced it's shipping options to flat rate priority international options...

Anyone found any decent links for UK? Any help is greatly appreciated.

scott80 said:

I have the same issue for UK postage, $40 postage for a ~$10 pack of card! FF seems to have reduced it's shipping options to flat rate priority international options...

Would the following do?

www.amazon.co.uk/Space-Hulk-Death-Angel-Card/dp/1589946634

I picked mine up in my FLGS, but most my usual UK internet suppliers seem to be out, Leisure Games, Maelstrom Games and Gameslore list them as out of stock. IGUK say they are ordering more, but no more detail than that. Amazon seems to be the best bet.

JackhammerJohn said:

scott80 said:

Would the following do?

www.amazon.co.uk/Space-Hulk-Death-Angel-Card/dp/1589946634

Thanks, was referring to the POD cards like the OP though. The main game itself is pretty easy to obtain. It's just the expansions which have proved incredibly difficult, simply because POD means that their numbers are limited outside of FFG themselves (which gets back to the postage issue).

Ben, it only cost me $6.53 in shipping for my copy. I would have replied sooner, but I don't come on to these forums as much as I do BGG.

To add to this - my FLGS had two copies of each set on the shelf yesterday - don't know if they do mail order but get hold of Inner Sanctum Collectibles if you want to see if they do....

Try Leisure Games mate, I got the last two POD expansions from them. They have a great range and their postage is pretty cheap. Store is pretty cool too and only a short walk from Finchley tube station. They don't have the deathwing expansion but they have the Tyranid enemy pack.

http://www.leisuregames.com/

Talos said:

Ben, it only cost me $6.53 in shipping for my copy. I would have replied sooner, but I don't come on to these forums as much as I do BGG.

Nice, thanks mate. It turns out when I went to purchase it, the First Class option was missing, but has now been added in. I picked mine up from Milsims, but will look at getting the new one through the FFG store now that its fixed.

Hope you are keeping well! Haven't seen you around much.

Cheers,
Ben.

www.milsims.com.au

This where I got my copy of the game, all of the expansions and the covers for them as well.

Shipping cost $11.00 and they are having a sale on now.

By the way, Death Angel rocks!

Cheers,

Aaron