Shipping now

By Julia, in Rex: Final Days of an Empire

The game's on the boat :-) Not such a long time to wait, then. Hopefully we'll have another preview soon :-)

Fantastic,

I have been following this one. I really hope this game will give me a good Twilight Imperium fix between main TI3 game days...

I wonder if there will be any small crossover content to TI3?

For example you know how they did with Dungeonquest and included small stat cards for the heroes to be used in other related game systems like Runewars and Runequest. Is would be cool if they did that for say a Diplomat or something simple, would be a nice tie in.

Atraangelis said:

I wonder if there will be any small crossover content to TI3?

For example you know how they did with Dungeonquest and included small stat cards for the heroes to be used in other related game systems like Runewars and Runequest. Is would be cool if they did that for say a Diplomat or something simple, would be a nice tie in.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the leader names from TI3 turned up as leader names in Rex too, but I don't think there will be anything actually for TI3 in this game box. Somehow I think they would've mentioned it already if they were doing that.

Some lucky Europeans have the game already. Quite a few spoilers over at BGG. I'd share here, but I'm not sure how FFG feels about that sort of thing since they have their own previews ongoing over here and the game isn't supposed to be released yet.

I will say however that all the rule changes sound great.

I am sceptical. The leader names from TI3 should, in my oppinion, not be used in REX since TI3 takes place a couple of thousand years after the events in REX.

The leaders are just generic titles, no actual names.

Fnoffen said:

I am sceptical. The leader names from TI3 should, in my oppinion, not be used in REX since TI3 takes place a couple of thousand years after the events in REX.

Just because two people have the same name doesn't mean they're the same person. They could easily recycle names and just say it's someone else with the same name. I was always partial to the way there were two different leaders (for the Jol Nar, I think?) both named "Rin" for exactly this reason. Sci-Fi has a way of treating character names (particularly alien character names) like there's only one person in the entire universe with that name, which is crap.

Brine said:

Well that's unfortunate, but I suspect I'll get over it.

Okay, I'm over it. =P

Steve-O said:

Fnoffen said:

Just because two people have the same name doesn't mean they're the same person. They could easily recycle names and just say it's someone else with the same name. I was always partial to the way there were two different leaders (for the Jol Nar, I think?) both named "Rin" for exactly this reason. Sci-Fi has a way of treating character names (particularly alien character names) like there's only one person in the entire universe with that name, which is crap.

True enough I suppose. Guess I've been reading too much Sci-Fi & Fantasy...

Steve-O said:

Brine said:

Well that's unfortunate, but I suspect I'll get over it.

Okay, I'm over it. =P

I read that last update and they said Next week!?!.. are we looking at it to be on the shelves this month??

Coolstuff has no indication yet of its pending arrival.

Amazon has Release date of March 6th.... oh boy..

It will begin appearing in US stores next week (Feb 20th-25th), most likely on the midweek days (Tue, Wed, Thu)