Play by SKYPE

By jmd2, in Dust Tactics Organized Play

Hello , in France DT it's played with Skype with the webcam, it's réally good.

Both players have the board? :D How you do it? ;)

Lska said:

Both players have the board? :D How you do it? ;)

I can see if maybe one player has the board and the webcam is set up so you can see everything there is to see but then the player with the board would also have to provide both armies. I guess thought in either case you would still need mirror boards and armies to figure out line of sight stuff and other stuff like that. I can see some potential for people like me who have great boards and minis but no players. I'm curious to hear a reply from the author of this thread as to the mechanics of this play.

When I play over skype I use a shared google spreadsheet to keep track of the board and just write the unit names into each square and different background colors for terrain.

Dakkon426 said:

When I play over skype I use a shared google spreadsheet to keep track of the board and just write the unit names into each square and different background colors for terrain.

Can you post a picture of one of the spread sheets? Also if your using a spread sheet to track the game, what purpose does SKYPE serve? Do you have an actual board set up or just one on paper?

Here is a LINK to the last game's sheet. We are not using a board as me and my usual opponent lack table space when I'm away at School. We use skype to talk smack, announce our moves and ect.

Interesting. Since reading the opening thread I have envisioned having one board and the two armies set up in one location with a web cam possibly overhead showing the entire board. As I have friends all over the country this is an interesting concept to explore. Thanks for sending the info.