How often....?

By Butch Diehard, in Tannhauser

How often do you guys get to play Tannhauser? I wish I could play more often-maybe once a week with buddies-but its tough scheduling around work, kids, other commitments, etc... I really enjoy the game-I think I would appreciate the strategy and subtleties of the game a lot more if I could get more play time. How do you guys feel about your gaming time?

Me and the wife play about once every two weeks, but we try to play a couple games, so we get in about 4 games a month, over 5 years we've played about 300 games, and I don't always feel that that's enough.

Tannhauser definatly benifits from repeated play, the more you play the more subtle things you begin to pick out, and the more unique your stratagies become, and the less those evil dice will through you off. Folks often complain TH is a dice fest but I've played at least one game with no causalties, and very few dice rolls and it was still a fun and unique experiecnce. But that's a little off topic.

When I am lucky I play two games a week (two in one meeting) if I am in Munich. Sometimes just two games every two weeks. The rate drastically drops as long as I am in Hof. There are hardly any players there. I got very lucky in one semester when my neighbour in the appartment next to mine happened to be a player, too. Then I moved back to Munich, and when I returned to Hof he had already graduated.

Not often enough! But in that my tannhauser online might help. Check the forum or miahs blog for it, current version is 2 but i have a newer version in the works right now....