how about play mats

By john_nld, in Star Wars: The Card Game

I would love to have a SW themed play mat for instance a play mat with this on it DSAPPROACH124%20B.JPG

That would be great now wouldnt it?

I've never used play mats before, but there were some spills on my carpet yesterday so I played LotR on my table for the first time. I cleaned the table over and over, making sure it was spotless before putting my cards on it and I really wished I had a play mat. I think that pic is a great background, but I think it would be great to have the zones demarcated like they were at the GenCon tables.

Playmats are retarded, all they do is restrict your table space. If they do it, please do it as a separate item you can buy.. as i do not want to waste my money on it.

Like if you use a table, you put the cards were you like.. on a playmat you place them in the zones on the ma.. but they never fit all the cards, sop you spill out of the zones, and now wtf is the point?

Ask how many people play coc with the included playmat.. answer.. NONE.

booored said:

Ask how many people play coc with the included playmat.. answer.. NONE.

Or alternatively ask someone who's actually been to a CoC tournament to find out that, yes, there are players who use playmats.

But what do you expect from someone who has trouble writing a post without the word 'retarded' in it?

do you use a placemat? Be honest.

I use the CoC place mat but would be unlikely to use a place mat for this past the first couple of games I would think.

booored said:

Like if you use a table, you put the cards were you like.. on a playmat you place them in the zones on the ma.. but they never fit all the cards, sop you spill out of the zones, and now w[censored] is the point?

That's a good point about not all the cards fitting in the designated zone. I guess a normal mat is better. I plan on getting X-wing as well and will probably get some type of roll-up starfield map for that game, so I can just use it for SW:TCG as well.

booored said:

do you use a placemat? Be honest.

I've been hoping this game doesn't require that behemoth that it was demo-ed on at GenCon, instead hoping for something more akin to the Warhammer Capital boards. If that. I just don't have a table big enough to fit such a beast!