How much room?

By vermillian2, in Micro Mutants

OK I should have done this the first time... figured out what a dexterity game is... cute. But... HOW MUCH ROOM is this going to use?

Do your bugs have a tendency to go flying off the tabel?!? WOOOOOOO!!!!! lol

It's about 3ft by 3ft.

I'll presume there are rules for the case where your chip flies off the table?

Last time I tiddled a wink, I recall it flying too far... and then trying to close range tiddle a wink and I really over shot it... also off the table. I also recall several tiddles that caused the wink to roll...

How are people's games of this been going? What kind of material are the winks made out of? A nice soft, but not too launchable material?

I glued the felt on a 0,5cm paperboard and now the underground is allqays the same, so it is easier to control the bugs. But sometimes the fly to high, but that is caused to bad choosing of movment style.

if a bug leaves the field, we put it in graveyard. This is not the official rule, but we like it more this way.

I think if you put the player mat on hard surface that they will tend to fly further. Evenso, it isn't too hard to get it down so that you aren't constantly flipping off the board (the penalty for which is you put your bug back where it started). I bought a piece of felt and cut it to match the size of the player mat. I always play with the mat underneath the one provided with the game and this provides you with a little more control over your winking.

No... I do believe you tiddle winks. So it would allow you much better tiddlying...

Oh I stand corrected! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiddlywinks

It appears you wink winks... hmm...

No mention of tiddlywink spin offs in that wikipedia entry... is micromutants worthy of such small entry?!? WRITE ONE AND FIND OUT! heh.

if I get it right, there is no game area in Tiddlywinks, so no spin off.

Ahem. From the quoted wikipedia entry:

"There are six winks of each colour, which begin the game in the corners of a felt mat measuring 6 feet by 3 feet."

Though there is also no cup in micromutants in which you are to pot one's winks. Whatever. The similarities are totally there. YOU CANNOT DENY THEM! :)

****, wikipedia is so messy. :)

Yeah, make sure you're not playing it too close to the sofa. The times I've played it, I've managed to catch the 'wink before it rolled off the table. The felt mat does a good job of keeping the 'winks from leaving the surface, since you have good control over them.