Question....

By Toguiel, in Tannhauser

Hey^^

i just bought this game, have been looking at it forever but now i have it.
yesterday me and my GF sat down to play it, and it came to setting up the objective tokens for story mode.
we tryed several time do to it as the book said, but we never go it to match. we where sitting with tokens at could fit the board.
so we ended up setting the tokens as the book show as "first time game"

can anyone tell me how this is done ^^?

I do not really understand where the problem is. The rules for setup on objective mode are on p. 30 rule book, and the seem quite clear to me: taking turns to place tokens facedown, matching the icons of cirlces and tokens, until all objective circles are covered. That´s it. Could you please tell me which part of it you do not understand? I´ll try to help...

Or... maybe you´ve got the old rulebook?

the only thing that isn't mentioned clearly in the rulebook is WHICH primary objective token to choose - since each faction has two token versions of each primary objective. It's inferred from rules that players choosen freely, but choosing randomly works fine as well. SOMETIMES it can make a difference.

i actually set aside all possible secondary & primary tokens for each side for the particular map, mix them up face-down, then take turns picking them at random until each side has an equal # of objectives (then reveal). Then pick teams, etc. Or choose heroes & troopers, packs, entry points, etc. before placing objectives as per rulebook for more spontaneity.