Leadership Question

By Roy S, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

With the leadership skill, can you do aim, attack, and then guard?

I read the FAQ and learned you can't do the same half-action twice (so no Battle action), but I'm not sure you can do both aim and guard even though the attack uses the aim.

As you already said, the same half-action cannot be used twice. Placing an order is one of the available half-actions, so you cannot use both Aim and Guard in your turn.

Basically Leadership gives you Move - Attack - Place Order (since the fourth half-action Concentrate is almost never used in quests outside the AoD expansion).

Half actions are:

• place an order (aim, dodge...)
  • attack
  • move
  • concentrate (from altar of despair)

So, as per the FAQ, you cannot choose any of these half actions two times. So, if you have vanilla, you could move, attack once and move, nothing else.

gran_orco said:

So, if you have vanilla, you could move , attack once and move , nothing else.

I guess that´s a typo, since it contradicts your own statement.

Parathion said:

gran_orco said:

So, if you have vanilla, you could move , attack once and move , nothing else.

I guess that´s a typo, since it contradicts your own statement.

Yes, it is. I mean move, attack and place an order, sorry. sonrojado.gif

Thanks. I was confused as to whether placing the order was the half-action or if the order itself (aim, dodge, guard, etc) was the half-action. Your post clears it up for me.

I know the Overlord will be happy to hear it, but the player won't be.

Roy S said:

With the leadership skill, can you do aim, attack, and then guard?

Well, in theory you could have the Aim order on yourself from the previous turn (assuming the OL was unable to ping it off you by causing a point a damage), use it on your attack the following turn, and then place a Guard order. Of course, you don't really need Leadership to do that. (Having Leadership would let you move in between the attack and the guard, though.)

The rules prevent you from having two orders placed upon you at the same time, but I don't believe there's a restriction against using two orders in a turn, provided they get placed and used one at a time.