League Decks???

By PearlJamaholic, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

not sure if i should post this here or under the rules.

i know the faction head is supposed to be our primary faction in the deck but what does that really mean? when i meet up with the play group in the following week i wanna give them as much info as possible, especially to the people running the store so they can answer questions to people that want to show up for the first league game, ,cause im not at the store every week. id like the first game is as smooth as possible i want to try to get as much set up in advance, figure out what the likely confusion will lay and get answers for it now.

does the 'primary' faction have to be 50% of the deck, 33% if we include neutrals, 10 cards? if you build a deck using 30 cards of the allied faction is that a legal deck?

to rules-lawyer it primary just means first in order or time. so if i just add one card of the faction head as my first card, i meet the primary requirement. not that i think it will be possible to build a mono or netural deck for the first league, but players might be able to build a deck using their favorite faction as the majority even if the faction head isnt their favorite.

so is there a break down of any kinda for decks using the head, allied, and netural thing?

ill probably have to email ffg about this just to be sure, but i figure id post this cause it might be helpful for others too.

Your faction head could be theoretically the only guy from that faction in your deck. It would mean that he's pretty useless though. But since you're tied to you main faction, 1 (and just 1) other faction, and neutrals, combined with the limited card pool (1 core set and a couple of AP's) means you're unlikely to have a deck that doesn't contain a significant amount of cards from your primairy faction in this league. ;)

so its required to play the card of the character thats the faction head?

actually you can get over 45 cards using one factions and neutral. so you could build a deck using less than 10 cards from the head faction. there are 13 neturals in the coreset alone.

PearlJamaholic said:

so its required to play the card of the character thats the faction head?

actually you can get over 45 cards using one factions and neutral. so you could build a deck using less than 10 cards from the head faction. there are 13 neturals in the coreset alone.

Well, you don't have to use it, I guess, but it will make deckbuilding a little harder.

another quick one.

black border versions of coreset cards? do the old players 'need' to buy a coreset when they already have, probably, one of everything in coreset. minus the stories, but only one of the two players really needs stories.

I would like to set up league for new approaching players , i downloaded the spoiler on xls format but at present time i do no not know how many copies of the cards are into the box ( this mainly because in italy are not yet available )

thanks in advance for any reply

phantomsurfer said:

I would like to set up league for new approaching players , i downloaded the spoiler on xls format but at present time i do no not know how many copies of the cards are into the box ( this mainly because in italy are not yet available )

thanks in advance for any reply

There is exactly one of each card in the core set. There are no duplicates at all.

When you buy an Asylum pack, you will get 10 cards that have no duplicates and 10 cards that come in sets of three.

Prego!