S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

By StarRazer, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

I'm new to this forum and wasn't sure if this had been a topic of discussion yet or not so sorry if its a repeat. I think it would be really cool if Fantasy Flight Games took a shot at making a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. shadow of Chernobyl. Or Call of Pripyat, or Clear Sky game in some table top form. I have ran a table top RPG game in this setting using All Flesh Must Be Eaten as the dice system, the players had a decent time. I think it's a fantastic setting for a tactical boardgame or Role play as well as survival horror or bunker crawling exploration. It's sort of a closed setting with a unique feel and style to it that has a lot of rich storytelling and table top potential. I bring this up because FFG has produced other boardgames based off of video game properties Doom, and Gears of War. As far as types of game play i think a bunker crawl with a treasure hunting element would be really cool, or a large map board with lots of locations and environmental hazards. I thought that an Arkham horror mechanic would be cool if you wanted to have the entire Zone opened up for the players and have commercial areas where players could trade scavenged items. Happy to hear any ideas on this topic.