Ariel?

By Nobody18, in Hollow Bastion

The lvl 2 Ariel and lvl 4 Ariel from the Light and Darkness Set confused me. One of them said "when you discard this card from your friend area, reduce the damage of up to -2". The other said "reduce the damage up to 3." The "-" sign has me confused.

the - sign was redundant. When you use Ariels effect you reduce damage by 2 or 3 respectively. Just pretend the - isn't there.

You subtract that value from the total damage. 5 total damage -(minus, negative)X lvl of Ariel.

when would i lose more than 3 life at one time anyways?? i can understand losing additional like to riku and his sould eaters, but doesnt one just lose one life when failing a challenge??

7th_Shadow said:

when would i lose more than 3 life at one time anyways?? i can understand losing additional like to riku and his sould eaters, but doesnt one just lose one life when failing a challenge??

It's possible, but not likely

ME: I have played 3 Wyvern on your world card! At the end of your turn you lose 3 life and the game is mine! Say "good-bye" to your hopes for first place at this tounement! (YOU draws at the beginning of their turn) Haha! You see! Your deck have failed you! You can't even kill ONE of my pretties! There they will stay and suck the very life from your veins! (Evil Laughter) The day will soon be mine!

YOU: I end my turn and discard my Lvl 3 Ariel from my Friend Zone to prevent the damage.

ME: Crap...