Doctor Who

By HisstKa, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

There has never been a good Doctor Who board game. Who better than FFG to make one.

The new revival of the show has been very popular and the game could play very similar to Mansions of Madness. The Doctor and companions investigate something and there are villains to beat or defeat.

Thoughts?

HisstKa said:

There has never been a good Doctor Who board game. Who better than FFG to make one.

The new revival of the show has been very popular and the game could play very similar to Mansions of Madness. The Doctor and companions investigate something and there are villains to beat or defeat.

Thoughts?

Cool. I know a friend or two who are big Who fans. That does sound like a good idea.

I'd be amazed if they could get the license for it knowing how tightly the BBC hold onto and control the Dr Who license.

spirit said:

I'd be amazed if they could get the license for it knowing how tightly the BBC hold onto and control the Dr Who license.

Well, FFG pulled off getting licenses from Blizzard, the Star Wars properties of George Lucas, and RPGs, boardgames, and card games from Games Workshop. It's possible.

Also, for the OP, I'd be interested in an FFG Dr. Who game for sure.

You can always pick up Cubicle 7's Doctor Who RPG in the meantime. It's gotten some good reviews.

jasonpanella said:

You can always pick up Cubicle 7's Doctor Who RPG in the meantime. It's gotten some good reviews.

I'll look into that.

I would prefer a board game of course but any who is good who. I've seen miniature games with Who before but they are battle games. Who is not a battle game. An Arkham Horror or MoM style of game would be a better fit.

Plus the FFG treatment would be amazing, I'm sure.