according to the new AP .. Grim Wraith

By PRODIGEE, in CoC Rules Discussion

I tryed to play Grim Wraith, and was amazed on how to concretly use it's effect

Grim Wraith:

Common Character

Cost 3

Skill 1

Terror Icon

Text: MONSTER Response: After Grim Wraith commits to a story, choose an icon struggle at that story, Instead of resolving that struggle, resolve an additional Terror Struggle in its place.

So, how does it works ? Should I play the struggles TTCAI (taking away on of the CAI struggle) or do I need to play it

TCTI, TCAT, TTAI .... ?? It's surely important, as it might give you a way to take the story. I remember the rules saying that the order for additional struggle is specific of the printed card's icons, but this kind of ability specify "instead" ... And I'm a bit confused on the way to use it ! sonrojado.gif

Whichever struggle you choose, you replace it with a terror struggle. So lets say you don't want to have a combat struggle, the story would be TTAI. If you didn't want an arcane struggle it would be TCTI.

But, according to the rules for icons boosters, the new rules specifies that you must play the struggle on the "regular succession of icons on the card" ... So, that's why I'm a little confused, as the card just used the "instead" keyword ...

It changes a lot of things for the résolution of struggles, and would have conséquencies on how to succeede in a struggle.

As I am reading it, the Grim Wraith is telling you to replace one icon struggle of your choice for another terror struggle. Its not an icon boost but a replacement.

The_Big_Show said:

As I am reading it, the Grim Wraith is telling you to replace one icon struggle of your choice for another terror struggle. Its not an icon boost but a replacement.

thats how i see it too. if you brought 3 grim wraiths to a story you could have 4 terror struggles!!!!!

The struggle comes in the place of the original struggle. Say you replace Investigation with Terror, the order now is Terror -> Combat -> Arcane -> Terror.

Ok,

it'll need a little insert in the FAQ, IMO ...