Promo cards and digital versions of the books

By Mestre dos Magos, in The Lord of Nightmares Trilogy

Hi FFG,

I would like to know why not offer the promo cards to those that prefer to read in digital format.

I am sure it involves money, but why not offer them for a higher price for those that have the digital book then?

I have been reading books in digital for a long time, I will rarely if ever, purchase a paper back anymore. It is not only a matter of principles (saving trees) as a matter of being practical and confortable.

I would gadly pay a extra (shipping + a little extra) to get the promos, after proof of the digital purchase...

I hope someone from FFG can read this, and at least consider.

My guess is the "proof of purchase" element.

FFG did finally offer the BoW promo cards for sale,maybe they will offer these as well.It would be a win/win thing gui%C3%B1o.gif

OD

I imagine it's the proof of purchase thing. I don't get all the complaints about this though, but then I really prefer the print version over digital books anytime. I'm not so worried about "killing trees" since I own a ton of cardboard based boardgames (like the rest of us). And besides, I'd like to think I'm saving the jobs of booksellers, printers and paper makers everywhere.

That being said, either just buy copies of the print version to give to friends, or take photos of the cover of the digital book and a photo of page 100 to prove you bought it, print them out and mail them with a check for $1.99. Maybe they'll send the card to you.

Digital copy owner here. I love the idea of sending pictures with a check for 1.99, I totally laughed. On the other hand I wish I would have known about the promo cards when I made my purchase (came across the book by chance on my kindle and bought it). Also, when I purchase digital books, I like to think I'm saving the jobs of people who manufacture, add content, and market digital readers. Wait....no...I could care less, a service is provided either way and everyone is happy. : )

I think they may have either (wrongly) assumed that digital purchasers don't care about printed material, or may want to encourage/reward people to spend more money on the hard copy.

If you want the printed card it seems you have to buy the printed book.

On 2/2/2012 at 10:51 PM, SuperKalelJorson7 said:

I imagine it's the proof of purchase thing. I don't get all the complaints about this though, but then I really prefer the print version over digital books anytime. I'm not so worried about "killing trees" since I own a ton of cardboard based boardgames (like the rest of us). And besides, Audacity Find My iPhone Origin I'd like to think I'm saving the jobs of booksellers, printers and paper makers everywhere.

That being said, either just buy copies of the print version to give to friends, or take photos of the cover of the digital book and a photo of page 100 to prove you bought it, print them out and mail them with a check for $1.99. Maybe they'll send the card to you.

If you want the printed card it seems you have to buy the printed book.