Received Wrong Die In Brand New Game

By juste2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi everyone!

I have just purchased a brand new copy of Descent: Journeys in the Dark from my local Hobbytown USA, as the owner sold it to me for 20% off! Well, I got home, and opened it immediately, and it looks like everything is here from what I can tell, but the white die that came with it isn't the correct die at all! It looks like it belongs with some other game, because it has a DVD logo on one of the sides. It's quite odd, really.

Anyhow, I have already e-mailed Customer Support regarding the issue, but what I'm curious about is if any of the other dies can be substituted for the white one in the meantime? I wanted to get a game going with my friends next weekend, and it kind of seems like the white die would be crucial for the entire game. I have no idea what the real white die looks like compared to the others, so I'm hoping I can just use one of the others in the meantime.

Thank you for all your help!

That's really weird. Do the other five sides look correct?

If so, you can probably find an image of the "missing" side on BGG and just refer to that image every time the DVD logo comes up (would be awesome if this were the X, I think =P)

None of the other actual game dice are quite like the White die, unfortunately, however, I do know there's at least one "face-mapping" chart on BGG that you could use to map the 6 faces of the white die to the 6 sides of a regular d6, and you could use that as a substitute until FFG can send you a replacement.

Hi Steve-O! Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, it isn't that simple; the entire die itself is marked oddly, and I'm not even sure what game would utilize such a thing. There are two X sides, while another side is a picture of a die with the number 2 above it, and another side has a picture of a smiley face saying the number 2 in a chat bubble. It's really quite odd!

I'll see if I can substitute a normal six-sided die in the meantime as you suggested.

Thank you!

Yeah, that's messed up. Sounds like it's a die from a completely different game (though I can't say as I recognize which one.)

The good news is FFG is really good about correcting issues like this, so I don't imagine you'll need to wait very long before you have a proper die.

Hi everyone!

I could use some help, if you don't mind. :)

I'm currently unable to view spreadsheets right now, and I need to know the six sides of the white die in Descent so I can use an impromptu d6 until my spare one arrives. Would anyone be so kind as to post what each side contains? Of course you don't have to explain the X side. :)

Thank you!

1 - X

2 - 1 range, 1 surge, 3 hearts

3 - 1 range, 1 surge, 3 hearts

4 - 3 range, 1 surge, 1 heart

5 - 3 range, 1 surge, 1 heart

6 - 2 range, 2 hearts

Remap faces as desired =)

You rock. Thank you so much, Steve-O!

hey Juste, can you post a photo of the wierd`o?