Hey.

By ariac2, in UFS Off Topic

When did we get a new forum? Haven't been active in UFS for like...4-5 months. Maybe 6 and I have no idea what's going on. =P

Also, what's up with the point system and what's it for???

Ariac said:

Also, what's up with the point system and what's it for???

Welcome back FFG made a new website so thats what is up and also the points are awarded when you make friends add games or make topics and you get into special monthly raffles .

Scubadude said:

Welcome back FFG made a new website so thats what is up and also the points are awarded when you make friends add games or make topics and you get into special monthly raffles .

Um... Did any of these raffles ever actually happen? I ha'n't heard a thing. What up?

ARMed_PIrate said:

Um... Did any of these raffles ever actually happen? I ha'n't heard a thing. What up?

Not a word.

ARMed_PIrate said:

Scubadude said:

No I haven't heard anything i guess I can ask Steve about it tomarrow .

So that means the longest thread ever went away? ****, I was hoping to get my post count up. : D

Raffles have happened.

I got myself a spiffy Call of Cthulhu T-Shirt. It was large, I'm at least an XL kinda guy, so my Girlfriend is happily running around chanting

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!

I've seen a few other users post in other forums that they were the lucky recipients of prizes as well.

So you won a raffle, and all you got was a lousy T-Shirt. Too bad you didn't get that shirt... would have been cooler. Honestly, the raffles are pointless, you get FFG product, probably not even product of your choosing, but just something random, whether you play the game or not. Not really worth trying to acquire points for. Yes the post count is gone, so finally people will shut up about it. We still have the points, so it will inevitably lead to, once again, the only people who's opinions matter are the people with lots of points (like the high post count crap).

But welcome to our new home, it looks nice, there are still a few things they really need to work out. You cannot edit your post after... 5 minutes I think, and there are no PM's, makes the trading on the boards a mess. But overall, it's not that bad.

Ender Dragon said:

So you won a raffle, and all you got was a lousy T-Shirt. Too bad you didn't get that shirt... would have been cooler. Honestly, the raffles are pointless, you get FFG product, probably not even product of your choosing, but just something random, whether you play the game or not. Not really worth trying to acquire points for. Yes the post count is gone, so finally people will shut up about it. We still have the points, so it will inevitably lead to, once again, the only people who's opinions matter are the people with lots of points (like the high post count crap).

But welcome to our new home, it looks nice, there are still a few things they really need to work out. You cannot edit your post after... 5 minutes I think, and there are no PM's, makes the trading on the boards a mess. But overall, it's not that bad.

Right I have yet to get a single trade I hope we get pms soon .

Ender Dragon said:

Scubadude said:

Even with PMs, I doubt I'll be putting a trade list up. Too little interesting offers, too much time wasted just bumping the friggin' topic.

Scubadude said:

you can still trade. e-mail/aim/msn do works. but as long as it save us from the list copy-pasta... no pm system plz

Admiral Ren said:

Scubadude said:

you can still trade. e-mail/aim/msn do works. but as long as it save us from the list copy-pasta... no pm system plz

I have tried but most of the time people forget to check their topics so it takes a while to get responses back .

Which is why we need PMs, so people don't have to keep checking thier trade posts to see what's new. Plus the edit functions fails miserably, so it is hard to update your list.

For those who really want a trade area & PM's & the ability to edit your message:

http://www.teamcanadaonline.net

Which includes a formal frequently updated feedback system.

Just sayin'.

~~~

RE: Free Prizes -

The T-shirt was cool, and watching my girlfriends face light up when I gave it to her - priceless.

So for those who are saying it's crappy - hey, I'll take making my girlfriend happy for free as opposed to nothing.

~~~

Editing messages on here - I'm just going to go and create a brand new thread.

Now we just need to have a viable trading community!